2,744 results
All reviewseucalypt restaurantembers barblue mountainsmerry go roundseafood buffetgolf clubsuperior roompony ridessublime loungetennis courtstrain rideschool holidaysindoor poolsublime pointgames roomtable tennisjamison valley
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Just to be clear I'm putting this review here not for the hotel but about the cafe that is operating within the hotel in the lobby.

Went there to have afternoon tea with family. First order a set of coffees and babycinno- it was served not with live but a but of "you're not welcome attitude"; maybe she is tired feom Easter weekend or that she is the only one there but it didn't have to be the case. I requested for another marshmallow for my other son as he doesn't really drink babycinno but just enjoys the cookie or the marshmallow that comes with it and the response was "you have to wait" so I said "ok" but 10 mins have passed and still no sign of marshmallow; tbere were people ordering but it wasnt like a cafe in the city that she coupdny manage the orders. 15 mins later still no sign of marshmallow i decided to order another batch of coffees and this time she uses the same line after I have paid for it "you have to wait" so I said ok; I did see a couple of people before me so gave her the benefit of the doubt. She has served everyone at this point but after 15 mins she decides to come out of the counter and clean the tables that other people left - no wonder I have to wait! So I tjought this cant be right - i approached her while cleaning and asked where our coffee was - guess what she said "you have to wait, this is important for me to do" - ?????
I reckon she either forgot the order or had her priorities mixed up???

That was a poor experience bit I wouldn't judge the whole hotel for it. I hope they learn from this and teach employees how yo prioritise and how yo be friendly and maybe something a but better to say than "you have to wait"

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
FairmontResortLeura, General Manager at Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Rihck

Thank you for taking the time to review your family's experience at Sublime Lounge within the Fairmont Resort, while never pleasant to receive negative feedback it is vitally important we are aware so we review and rectify immediately, so we appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback.

Firstly, please accept our apologies - it is never our want or our intention to have any one of our valued customers leaving feeling anything other than 100% satisfied.

Staff training and development is our number one priority throughout all areas of the resort, including naturally all dining venues and Sublime lounge. Staff training therefore receives much time, effort and company resources. As a result of this focus, we usually receive accolades from our guests for the warm, friendly, efficient and professional service consistently found throughout the Resort. It is very disappointing to us that this was not reflected in your case - in fact quite the opposite - and we assure you it is certainly a rarity and once again apologise. We have already identified the staff member involved and I wanted to let you know our Food and Beverage Manager has reviewed your comments with her and ensured increased training and supervision is provided.

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the Fairmont Resort and Sublime Lounge where we are confident you will experience our normal high level of personalised and warm service that we are renown for.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I visited the Fairmont Resort last year with my elderly Mother and daughter. It was an amazing experience. This time I took my husband on our way back from a trip to Mudgee. A completly different scenario but our stay was just as fantastic as my first visit. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff, the front desk, concierge and all the resort staff are incredibly helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
FairmontResortLeura, General Manager at Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear KellyMarTown
Thank you for your lovely review and importantly for your loyalty to the Fairmont Resort.
\We are so pleased your return trip with your husband lived up to your first experience with us and are especially grateful for your kind comments on our staff across all elements of the resort. I have shared your lovely words with our great and genuinely caring onsite team, thank you.
We look forward to continuing to welcome you back to the Resort in the future,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I can’t wait to go back! Everything about this hotel was divine!

Michael at concierge made our stay most enjoyable , I called ahead the morning of arrival advising that we would have our young sons PeeWee 50 with us and I was concerned about leaving it on the Ute, ‘not a problem!’. Safely stored overnight with literally, not a single problem! Michael also ran the kids activities in the afternoon and was lots of fun for the young ones, very interactive and lovely!

Lauren checked us in and out; she was super informative about the hotels facilities and very friendly.

The kids area on level 2 was great, my kids already can’t wait to go back! Finally a hotel where we don’t feel out of place with young ‘full of energy kids’.

Our room was great! I’m not sure what room type it was but it was perfect for us!

For dinner we went over to the golf club. They don’t start serving until 6pm which is almost bed time for some young families. They had a small kids play room, I believe aimed at under 4yr olds, the food was not the greatest. Next time we will definitely dine within the hotel.

Breakfast buffet, OMG! I love hotel breakfasts, it is the most exciting part of any trip for me and the Fairmont do not disappoint.

We took part in the Easter egg hunt and despite the older kids being told to let the little ones in first , they all ran for the site and grabbed all the eggs first pushing and shoving whilst ignorant parents of these darlings watching on with glee as their 9-11 yr olds were ruining fun for the little ones. We didn’t ‘find’ any eggs but were handed some by older kids with bags full. ‘Thanks but would have been nicer if they could find their own.’ Was the response I heard from many parents.
Perhaps 2 sessions for the future? 9am for kids under 5 and a 10am for the older kids.

Over all it was a great stay, we can’t wait to return.
Would much prefer heading to the gorgeous blue mountains than the beaches. We have found our new family getaway spot!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ryderkenz01
FairmontResortLeura, General Manager at Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear ryderkenz01

What a lovely review, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay and particularly for naming bth Michael and Lauren for their outstanding customer service. I have shared your comments directly with them as well as with their Managers and peers thank you, it means so much.
Thank you for your constructive feedback on the Easter Egg Hunt, we always want to make it fair on all.
I love that you have found your favourite family getaway spot - we love that and look forward to seeing more of you in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I love this place, the pool is heated and unlike a lot of heated hotel pools this one is actually warm such a pleasure to swim in. The grounds are just beautiful with footpaths everywhere so your shoes don't get wet from the morning drew.. The rooms are big and roomy the décor lovely. The best mountain resort to take children.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank susansD7733DW

Dear susansD7733DW
Thank you for your lovely review...we are so pleased you continue to love your stays and thank you for your loyalty.
The pool is such a lovely temperature, we agree, thank you for your comments.
We look forward to continuing to welcome you back to the resort in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

With high expectations our group of 9 only took 1 minute to start to feel disappointed. There were too many issues to raise in a normal format so I've decided to itemise in point form.
Dirty tea cups
Dirty plates
Outdoor view was obstructed by horizontal window frames when seated
Scones were so old and hard you could crumble them
Staff replaced with "fresh ones" that surprise surprise were microwaved warm so of course they too were hard as a rock in about 2 minutes
Petit Fours were stale too.. so much so the mini choc custard tarts had come away from their crust and were dry on top
Mini sandwiches were made with stale bread
Crust bread looked and tasted like cheap "home brand" supermarket quality. No rye or sourdough in sight.
Our guests were asked by the staff to assist with the serving? Rather than be served...
No decor in the room just tables, chairs and table cloths. Not a flower in sight... only visible extras were the numerous dead flies caught in the webs on most of the windows...... well at least the spider had its appetite satisfied. As for our guests from Melbourne? They now had more reason to say how much better they do things south of the border. Money down the drain and afternoon expectations spoilt

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Paolo599

Thank you for taking the time to review your High Tea experience with us here at the Fairmont. While never pleasing, of course, to receive negative reviews, we ensure that we utilise the opportunity presented to continually improve our service offering wherever feasibly possible.
Our High Tea offering is such a highlight for so many of our guests and visitors to the Blue Mountains, so we were very disappointed to read of your review. It has already been discussed in detail with our team, including our Food and Beverage Manager, Restaurant Manager and our their respective teams to ensure all the points you have commented on are investigated and briefed fully.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience and please contact me personally should you ever be at the Resort in the future so I can ensure your next experience is up to our usual immaculate standards that have sop many of our guests and diners returning time and again.