“Worst weekend away ever!”
Review of Mountain Heritage

Mountain Heritage
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
Reviewed 19 May 2017

To the owners, I am disgusted in the treatment of paying guests at your establishment. The staff are extremely rude and have obviously been in their jobs too long, as even a smile was not achievable.

We stayed last month & the receptionist, Molly, had absolutely no customer service & was slamming things down on the bench. The food was cold & tasteless, and when I complained they took no notice, & you could hear the Chef screaming in the kitchen.
Before checking out in the morning, the room attendants tried to open the door with their key & we were still in bed & luckily had the double lock on the door. What a shock for us!

Breakfast was disappointingly stale, the property is run down & needs renovating and the wifi was non-existent. The stairs were dangerous - where was the lift? How do the elderly get up these stairs? We didn't enjoy our view of the carpark- because they they forgot to mention in the ad. Our sleep was interrupted, with the bed having a join down the middle. Very uncomfortable.

On check out, I asked the receptionist to talk to the general manager & she grumpily explained that she didn’t know where he was. I left my contact details, but have not received a call or email from Mr Sward yet, as I explained, I wanted a full refund.
Shall not return

Room Tip: What a good room? - don't book here!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank italiangirl11
JamisonViews, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Dear italiangirl11,
I am quite intrigued by your comments, which clearly are of concern to me.
I have sent you a private message, as I will need more information on the date of your stay etc., so I may follow up on your review.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Locationwise, it is good. Ten minutes walk to the town center. 8 minutes drive to the Wentworth Falls. 2 minutes drive to Leura. The hotel stands on the top of a little hill, which guarantees a good view over the Blue Mountains.

However, the hotel is old. Both the room and the toilet facilities. Air conditioning made big noises over the night. Breakfast is below average. Free WIFI, but our mobile phones (iPhone 7 and iPhone 6) could not find the WIFI signal. Computers could.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
JamisonViews, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Dear Serene C
Thank you for your review.
We are indeed an historic guest house, now 109 years old, with a great location providing a panoramic view over the Jamison Valley, and well located to the villages of Katoomba and Leura.
I apologise for the lack of connectivity for your Apple Phones, I am at a loss to explain how one device works better than another, however, thankfully this is not a regular occurance.
Thank you also for your feedback on breakfast and the air conditioning unit in your room.
We appreciate frank feedback, so we may measure the standard of our service and product offering.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Today I had to speak to Reception about a Booking.com query, my feedback to the hotel is as follows (because I cannot email this directly, my email bounces back):

I'm sorry to say this but I'm not so sure you can say you have "friendly" staff. The woman I spoke to today when I had some queries about a booking with Booking.com was extremely rude and unfriendly. I'd rethink who I had on reception if you want your business to continue to succeed. She actually slammed down the phone on me and I was left feeling upset and frustrated. Am I sensitive? Yes. But I am your customer and she is your hired help (and not so good at it). I only hope that when we stay there we do not encounter this very rude woman, or anyone else with the same hostile attitude.

Room Tip: Will review after our stay in June
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
JamisonViews, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Ann L
I would like to discuss your comments and would be pleased if you have the time to call me at the hotel. Our number is (02) 4782 2155 Please leave a phone number I can reach you on, if I am not here when you call.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

My wife and I completely enjoyed our time hear. We upgraded to a corner room with the best view and we are glad we did so. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming. We had dinner at the restaurant the night we arrived and fell in love with the carmalized pork plate. Would highly recommended staying here if you are going to spend time in the Blue Mountans.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear KYJamCraft
Thank you very much for your very positive feedback.
It is very pleasing to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us including dinner in our Jamison Views Restaurant.
We hope we may welcome you back again when next you wish to spend some time in the beautiful Blue Mountains.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

We try and stay here each time we take a short break in the mountains and it never disappoints. It's a great place to relax and unwind after a days walking or to just spend a rainy day with a good book in the historic lounge room.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JamisonViews, General Manager at Mountain Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear Grant K,
Thank you choosing us for your short mountain break.
It is very pleasing to hear you find us a great place to relax and unwind, especially after a
pleasant day walking on the many scenic tracks available around Katoomba, Leura and Wentworth Falls.
We hope you will return again soon.
regards
Eric Sward

Also consider these accommodations in or near Katoomba
0.5 km away
8.7 km away
Parklands Country Gardens and Lodges
1.9 km away
Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains

Been to Mountain Heritage? Share your experiences!