“Best Pies and Tarts”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017

If you are looking for a meal in a meat pie then try the Chunky Beef pie. Overflowing with large pieces of quality beef in a delicious (but not too heavy) gravy. Many more varieties of pie to choose from as well.
I also bought an Apple and Cinnamon tart to take home to Sydney and my guests loved it! Wish I could have claimed it as my own...
Judging by the number of people dining in for lunch on a week day, others appreciate the skills of the baker as well. The Patisserie is eat in but my order was take away. There is no EFTPOS available so call in to the auto teller nearby on your way.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful place!! Beautiful clean flavours, spicy & delicious.

Great atmosphere with the restaurant and patisserie blended.

Kids can't wait to try out the meringue options!!!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Service was friendly and efficient.
Food was beautiful from what I'd class as an unusual combination to the patisserie shopfront from the street.
The place has a cafe ambience, but it is a patisserie by day.
The main meals are beautiful. I had crispy beef and money bag entree.
Give it a try.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We didn't really know about Unique Patisserie when we went in -- we were just a group of 8 looking for a place to have lunch that suited our different tastes and UP fit the bill. Got in with no reservations on a winter Wednesday noon. I got to taste the beef laksa and the chicken rice; both were great. The rest of the group were quite happy with their orders too. The servings were huge (for us) and the service was good. Now that I'm aware of UP's reputation, I can confirm it's well-deserved.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We were recommended this place by a local, plus it was highly rated in TripAdvisor. We didn't find any of the meals we ordered tasted close to the original, but still tasty and enjoyable. Laksa was closer to salty curry (our elderly parent wasn't so happy about it), char kwey tiao had different type of broad noodle and Westernized seasonings, nasi lemak was decent and maybe just about average compared to the original ones. Salt pepper tofu was the best of all; crispy on the outside but silky soft in the inside. Plus it has a fresh side salad. We didn't try the bread and desserts.

Booking is a must - we did it on the day, calling at around 10 am for 1 pm arrival. The table was all set with high chair when we arrived on time. It was very busy during lunch hour.

We would come back again, but maybe try other items that are not typically Malaysian to avoid disappointment (given we'd always compare it with the original ones that we're very familiar with).