See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 December 2016

Our social group decided to visit Young being the Cherry Festival in December 2016, and decided to make a weekend of it and stay at Cowra and Orange. Four of our group were booked in at another motel in Cowra. My friend and I went to confirm our booking at the Civic Motor Inn later that afternoon on the day of arrival. On entering we were confronted by a very disinterested I presumed manager who told us we didn't have a booking, despite my friend trying to show him the sheet with the proved booking which was made in September this year. This man dismissed this saying she had booked only a few days ago and there was no booking and he had emailed this fact to her that day. My friend wouldn't have got the email as we had left early that morning to travel to Young and Cowra. We tried to reason with him but he got very angry and said there was nothing he could do and told us in no uncertain terms "to get out" fortunately for us the caravan park nearby were very helpful and phoned another caravan park where they had one cabin left. This was a lovely place, spacious and well worth the money and just outside town. I would never stay at this motel if it was the last accommodation in Cowra, I have never been treated so rudely by motel staff.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Visiting Cowra on a tight budget I booked the Civic Motor Inn and resigned myself to low expectations. It exceeded those from the outset; the place presents well, the gardens were beautiful, the room was clean and comfortable and we got a great night's sleep. I expected it to be noisy, but perhaps trucks don't travel the Olympic Way on a Friday night. Other little things made me happy with our choice; mugs rather than teeny tiny cups, an outside table and chairs where we basked in the balmy late afternoon sun, enough power points to charge devices, crisp white sheets and real opening windows. The only thing we found lacking were bedside lights.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hydrangea2014
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

This lovely little county motel is basic but such good value.
Spotlessly clean. Nice man friendly and efficient on reception. Very good water pressure and plenty of hot water makes for a happy shower.
Tea and coffee making facilities. Toaster. Iron and ironing board. Basic but we will definitely stay again. Really good value

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosalie D
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

The motel is out on the Young Road and a 15 minute walk to town. The staff were pleasant. The room was very pokey with very little wiggle room between the door and the bed. The bed was comfortable although the bedspread was dirty and in need of washing. The bathroom was narrow and pokey as well and needed a good scrub and bleach around the taps. The outside lights stayed on till very late and as the curtains did not cover the Windows adequately the room was very light making it hard to sleep. The trucks at night were loud as well. All in all - stay here at a pinch only.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank oskarew
Reviewed 26 July 2016

motel was old and dated, but also clean and with a comfortable bed.. tv and other amenities all worked but also dated.. no problems with noise. staff who were filling in for owner were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo