“A Sip of Life”

Ranked #5 of 97 Restaurants in Coogee
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Coogee
Description: Coogee Pavilion celebrates the good things in life - friendship, family, fun and food, all with a Coogee ocean view. Our Ground Floor is the ideal location for family get-togethers, coffee dates or catching up with friends, offering casual dining in a fun, beachside setting. From freshly shucked oysters and sashimi to wood-fired pizza and kids dishes, our menu is made for sharing. Our nostalgic games arena - complete with petanque, giant magnetic scrabble, ping pong and an in-house theatrette - ensures fun for all ages. A fun and relaxed adults only social destination for the iconic beachside suburb, the Rooftop features four indoor and outdoor bars, a sweeping balcony boasting wraparound views of the Coogee shoreline and a mouth-watering Mediterranean menu. *Please note: Coogee Pavilion Ground floor welcomes under 18's however they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The Rooftop is an over 18's space only.
Reviewed 11 December 2015

I lived in Sydney for almost 2 decades, I've now become a frequent visitor, perpetually craving the stuff that make this great town so unique. My very first apartment was on the first floor of 169 Dolphin Street, Coogee, way back then it was cool, now its übercool!, now its Coogee Pavilion.
We rocked into the top level bar (middle level is going through a reno) on a sunny Saturday arvo, and WOW the crowd was wall to wall. A great mix of folk filled the room, from the racing (Sydney Race Carnival was in full swing) to the bodies beautiful, all muddled into what can only be described as Sydney's best non-harbour view.
We steered away from cocktails - though others at our shared table partook, and boy they looked neat - opting instead for summer bevies, Grey Goose, Lime and Water + Canadian Club w Ginger Beer.
Sipped, Sunned and Smiling into Sunset, what a fantastic venue, the service was swift, punters perfect, who could ask for more!?

There are newer reviews for Coogee Pavilion

Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

Just fair warning if you are only a group of 2, you won't be able to get a table. Twice we were offered only bar stool seating -- by the fish sushi section. With a sink being used nearby (we tried to shield ourselves, drinks and food from the splashes - yuck) and narrow space to eat. Oh, and the sight and smell of raw fish with the chef preparing dishes literally inches from us. We ate there our first day, jet lagged and not knowing any better. Our water glasses were knocked over twice. When we decided to give them another chance a few nights later, we walked out when offered the same seating location. I even turned my head my head back saying, "SERIOUSLY?!, what the -----?!," as we left. Also be forewarned when offered water to drink, you will pay for it. Sparkling water option was a $10 bottle of Pellegrino. (I should have just asked for glasses and drank from my nearby sink tap.) That with 2 glasses of wine and a pizza totaled our bill to $60. Yikes!

1  Thank M E
Reviewed 6 December 2015

We came here to celebrate a birthday and had a lovely big table with views to the ocean. Food and service were all very good and the vibe is great. Only downside is difficulty of hearing conversation - its loud!

Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

Came for breakfast and was extremely disappointed. The breakfast menu was interesting but portion sizes were tiny, and very expensive! $12.50 for a toasted white bread sandwich is a joke! Great position and fit out that's where it ended.

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

This is a super places for coffee, drinks, food and fun.
We went for a drink, more than Five beers from the tap, and good wines by the glass and bottle.
The fresh rock oysters are small but fine.

We shared a delicious pizza, one of the best pizzas in my life.

Location on the beach, staff very friendly.
I will come back to this place in the next 4 weeks of my holiday.