We had a studio, but although it was advertised as having kitchen facilities, these were minimal – just a small area with a microwave (no hot plates) and sink, and only enough crockery/cutlery/glasses for 2 people. It was close to the smoke detector, and there was a warning not to burn the toast because if you did the alarm would sound and a fee would be payable to the fire brigade! There were also laundry facilities.
Otherwise, the room was fine, and the lighting throughout was good. The property is generally well maintained, although the cooling system in our room struggled with the hot, humid weather that we encountered (but this issue was remedied after the technician adjusted it).
Parking and internet are both available for an extra charge (neither are cheap).
All the staff that we encountered were pleasant and helpful. The location is close to the shopping complexes and numerous restaurants (mostly Asian), and also to the station which has a good train service to the city. The property is easy to access by car once you know that, if you're coming by car from the city, you need to turn right off the Pacific Hwy at the previous street (Victoria Ave).
One issue we had was Mantra's requirement that payment be made in full at least 14 days before arrival. This is OK if you're getting an advance purchase rate, but if we did, it wasn't made clear during the on-line booking process (and we weren't offered an alternative).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Chatswood is located in the centre of Chatswood, a thriving business and shopping district, 10km north of Sydney's CBD. The hotel is close to the major corporations of the North Shore and within a few minutes walk of the famous shopping centers of Chatswood, including Westfield and Chatswood Chase. Conveniently located next to Chatswood Railway Station and Bus Interchange, Mantra Chatswood offers easy access to both Sydney CBD and Homebush Bay Olympic Park. Mantra Chatswood offers contemporary, apartment style accommodation, featuring studio, one and two bedroom apartments, each stylishly decorated and equipped to cater for all travel needs. All rooms include kitchenettes, broadband access, facsimile lines, ISD/STD direct dial phones and voice mail message service, in-room movies, selected Foxtel Channels, dryer, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, exclusive toiletries, mini bar and tea and coffee making facilities. One and two bedroom apartments are self-contained with full kitchen and laundry facilities and offer the perfect base for overnight, short-term or long-term stays. With premium facilities including an indoor heated lap pool, sauna, spa, Gymnasium, 24-hour reception, room service, Melting Pot Bar & Bistro, express check-out and conference and meeting facilities with wireless broadband access, Mantra Chatswood is the ideal home away from home for both business and leisure travelers alike. Perfect for travelers who are relocating or on a long stay work assignment, if you'd like information about Mantra Chatswood's long stay rates, please contact the hotel direct. Mantra Chatswood is the only choice for discerning travelers to Sydney's North Shore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Chatswood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Chatswood Hotel Chatswood
- Mantra Chatswood Sydney
- Mantra Chatswood Hotel Sydney