“Good food. Friendly staff.”

The Italian Cottage
Get food delivered
Ranked #5 of 263 Restaurants in Cessnock
Price range: AU$19 - AU$50
Description: Taste the authentic Italian food with beautiful presentation ! Options from glorious Antipasto, gourmet Pasta, Rissotto, and other Italian dishes with special Italian wines, Local & Hunter Valley famous red & white wines along with different variety of cocktails & mocktails, different beers to choose from. Hot & cold beverages served as well !
Reviewed 17 March 2024 via mobile

Went to the Italian cottage this evening. We had been wine tasting during the day and wanted something tasty but not too expensive (as most food is in the Hunter Valley) for dinner.

When we walked in, we were greeted by friendly staff and shown to a table. We were very early despite having booked for later in the evening. Place was setup with a clean high chair (bit of a rarity to get a high chair that doesn't need a good wipe down before use) and were given the menu.

I ordered mushroom risotto, and the chef kindly made a smaller portion for my daughter. My wife had a pizza. All three meals were very good. My daughter loved her risotto and mine was also fantastic. I've had a couple recently, which have been watery and in some instances, lacking flavour. Not this one. The pizza was likewise very nice (I know because I finished off what she couldn't eat).

Price was reasonable, especially for the area. All in all, good evening and happy customers.

Date of visit: March 2024

Reviewed 10 March 2024

My husband and had dinner here last night. This was our second visit and we were exited as we really enjoyed the food last time. I'm glad to say that the food again was excellent with the Mussels entree beeing absolutely sensational.
The restaurant has a good atmosphere and the staff is helpful and attentive. If you are in the area I highly recommend.

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 19 February 2024

Lovely evening. Staff had just the right amount of attentiveness. Food was authentic Italian and delicious. Will definitely go there again.

Date of visit: February 2024
Reviewed 12 January 2024

Good food, good service and nice atmosphere. Relaxed but authentic and tasty. I liked the lamb shoulder pasta.

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 6 January 2024 via mobile

Amazing food loved it, love the staff and love the atmosphere, mussels are the best, pizzas noone does them better and the pasta is an absolute treat. matilda always has a smile

Date of visit: January 2024