All reviews budget price plenty of parking continental breakfast clean tidy dandenong area leanne
Reviewed 25 July 2018

Room was disgusting, travelling for work and there were pubic hairs on the walls and the beds had used sheets and the room smelt horrible. I would never recommend this hotel to stay in for any period of time. There were junkies outside it felt incredibly unsafe.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank harobins90
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Arrived from interstate at 1am and was greeted by staff who had waited up. Was clean & tidy. It is small but that was all I required so am happy for the price I paid! Easy to access and room was quiet.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
IbisBudget-Dandenong, General Manager at Ibis Budget Dandenong, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Reviewed 14 June 2018

The budget Ibis or more commonly known as the Dirty Bird. I stayed at the dirty bird because I thought it was cheap and reasonable for what it was. The dirty bird lived up to the cheap part, as the cleaning staff were in such a rush they didn't close my door. It was great, I got back to my room at 22:00 after attending a funeral, only to find that door to my room was wide open, with towels sitting in the doorway. That were presumably left by the cleaners or someone who that wandered by my room to have a quick sh$#, shower and shave (after rifling through my personal belongings). So basically, the door was wide open all day until 22:00 when I got back, and anyone could have been in the room. Didn’t want to stay the night but had no other option at 22:00. On top of that I didn’t get much sleep anyway, as I’m pretty sure Bazza and Shazza (made up name obviously) the couple across the hall were trying to attack each other with butter knives. Funnily enough I had to argue with the staff at the hotel to get a refund. Thanks Accor hotel group for such a memorial night and stay. I would recommend the dirty bird hotels to anyone you don’t like.

Room tip: stay somewhere else
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
IbisBudget-Dandenong, The Ibis Team at Ibis Budget Dandenong, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Than you Shane M for the review , would you mind in contacting us on H3584@accor.com as we need to investigate the issue of your room door being left open also whom you spoke to regarding this concerns you have raised.
We at Ibis Budget Dandenong do strive to provide great customer service and we are disappointed to read the above.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Due to overpriced housing and low availability, budget accommodation places are being used as crisis accommodation, so this means when you turn up at ibis dandenong, it is not unusual to see people hanging around the carpark smoking and drug/alcohol affected. It is not just IBIS dandenong, it is lots of budget accomodation motels and hotels and some backpacker places. Some I have stayed in have felt too dangerous to stay and I have left, this one didn't feel this way but I guess it depends on who is staying at the time. While there one of the people in crisis tried to light her cigarette using the toaster in the breakfast room and the hotel manager had to ask her to stop. Our bed sheets also had a cigarette burn on them and the shower had long hair still in it, so it hadn't been cleaned properly. The breakfast was good value, but the coffee beans might need changing as they didn't make for a nice coffee. There seems to be a good hotel manager there, I can imagine it could go down hill very quickly with the wrong person in the job. Hopefully you can keep her. I stay in ibis around the world, but this would not be one I will go back to in a hurry. My comparison for all ibis is ibis whitechapel. It is good value, clean, well run and somewhere I recommend to everyone who asks me about accommodation in london, so use them as a shining example.

Room tip: check your bed sheets for cigarette burns before night time.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IbisBudget-Dandenong, General Manager at Ibis Budget Dandenong, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and comments.

The points raised have been discussed with the team.

We hope to see you again int he future.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

It is a budget hotel, and as such, one gets the amenities one expects.

The staff are what makes the place.
Friendly and very helpful, they made a couple of out-of-towners feel right at home.

Thanks in particular to Leanne, the manager, who is clearly a real asset to the company.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Ben for your kind words , it always great to read that the team were helpful and frienldy
We look forward to welcoming you back again