Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jean-François B

Bed bugs in my bed

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Mar 2022
Bed bugs! I called them to tell them I was infested with bed bugs and they didn’t want to do a refund. I was never able to sleep, just hitching myself all night long. I even found one bed bug under the sheets. I even send them pictures of my stings. All they for answer is that nobody else complained about it! 🙄

I am probably the first to tell them.

They answered that if I put a bad comment they would reply. It took me two days to let them know…

The reception was closed when I left early in the morning, I had a long day cycling coming on and I advised Jason, the owner of the caravan park, who referred me to that cheap motel. I met him the morning after in a local restaurant. I was stuck in Queenstown because of the bad weather, I had nowhere else to go.

The cellular service is very poor in that area as well as the wifi was not available until I got to Hobart. I am traveling by bicycle, it’s the reason I got there so late.

I gave them the chance to arrange the situation by writing to them before I do any comment on the internet. This is not a way to treat your customers. They should know better. They should give me a refund and get rid of the mattress and sheets. Not a clean place!
Date of stay: March 2022
Room Tip: Ask to see the room first
1.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    AU$176
0.2 km from Mountain View Motel
Room service
View more hotels in Queenstown
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2021

Good accommodation to explore the West Coast of Tasmania on a budget. Queenstown has so much history and with all the new things happening on the West Coast its great to getaway for the weekend and just get lost in the serene landscape.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 5 March 2021

We stayed one night in Queenstown in order to ride the Wilderness Railway early the next morning. We were actually pleasantly surprised by the Mountain View Motel. Everything was spotless, the bed was comfy and the check in and out process simple.

It's a bit of a walk into town so if that would bother you, stay at one of the pubs!

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 7 January 2020

Bob, the proprietor was a really nice, sweet older gentleman. And that's where the nice begins and ends. A friend in Hobart was incredulous that we admitted to staying in Queenstown -- whatever for he asked? This is a town that was once (a long, long time ago) a thriving, mining driven locale. Long ago the mines dried up and the town has done its best to remain a relevant part of the Tasmanian landscape. The Mountain View Hotel shares in that attempt to remain relevant in a hospitality industry that has long sense left this property behind.

Did I mention Bob was a really sweet guy? Well, he has to be because this Motel should have been bulldozed 25 years ago. When it's in the 30's (1 or 2 degrees Celsius) outside and your room has a hole cut in the wall to allow ventilation for a water heater, well you get the drift (literally).

Once we got in the room and figured out the plug in electric heater that came with the room was not going to touch the cold air, we asked Bob for another heater. While sweet about the request, he did admonish me to try and not run the thing too much because electricity costs so much in Tasmania. I reminded Bob that there was a whole in the wall that literally was letting in the arctic air, he just asked to understand why the hole was there..... have I mentioned that Bob was a really sweet man?

The two chairs in the room were circa 1970; the bedspread likely in that time period as well. I rather think that nothing has been changed for that length of time. If you're looking for cheap, this place ticks all the boxes one expects to find in the cheap category. This place might be great in warmer weather if you're looking for an older, tired, cheaper Motel 6. In the case of the Mountain View Motel, hopefully they won't leave the light on for you -- in fact, you'd be better off just driving through this town and not stopping at all.

Room tip: Drive To The Next Town
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank allintexas
Reviewed 22 January 2019

We stayed for 1 night to ride the cog railway train in the morning. There's not much to do in Queenstown and this was the cheapest place. Still over price. A good price would be around 50U$. We paid around 90U$. It was not very clean and pretty ordinary.

Room tip: All the same
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2018

This is a challenging one to review. On the one hand it is really a terrible place to stay but on the other hand it is so cheap that it is actually a great place to stay.

We payed $115 for 4 adults for one night. A lot of accommodation places will charge you about that much for just 1 adult so this is definitely great value.

However the place generally looks like it is falling apart. The communal kitchen area in particular was one of the few times I have ever described an accommodation as filthy and unhygienic looking. Not only that but it was only really stocked for one group to use at a time and there are quite a lot of rooms so if more people were staying would be a problem. The bathroom was very small and unpleasant and the shower was very hard to get consistent warm water. The wifi did not work at all. The beds were comfy although too many blankets for summer. The tv was located in a spot which made it impossible to watch without bending your neck 90 degrees.

If you stay here you likely want to have very low expectations. This is definitely just a place to sleep not a room to enjoy using.

Date of stay: December 2018