Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2019

My recent stay at the Whitsundays Rainforest Retreat was very, very enjoyable. Pete, the owner, was only too happy to help book tours on both land and sea. Great couple of days. Thoroughly recommended.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2019

Clean, quiet and with beautiful views. Modern design with all amenities you need. It is closed to the mall but far enough to be really quiet. You need a car to get there. The attention from Peter was excellent.

Room tip: Clean and beautiful views
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ricardo_rick_1987
Reviewed 4 March 2019 via mobile

I recently stayed here the view was amazing from my room , the rooms are well appointed clean and comfortable, there was a large lounge area to relax in I highly recommend this property and will go back again

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Pete H, Manager at Whitsundays Rainforest Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2019

Thanks guys for your kind Review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your room and the facilities the lodges provide. They work so well. Having full private facilities in your room plus the ability to share such a well equipped kitchen and living area if you choose to cook. I look forward to greeting you again in the future. Take care. Pete

Reviewed 16 February 2019

I initially thought I would title this . . no rain forest, no retreat... but was worried some people may be put off. - don't be! .. so let me start

I read the reviews and thought this place would be a perfect stop over and was thrilled to find the King Room was available on Valentines night and grabbed it.

The main reception is a huge converted home and the 11sq king room is the entire upstairs. It is huge and lovely. Great views to the ocean and adjoining rain forest.

The Good
Comparing it to other places, and for where you lay your bones this place is cheap. I had a quick look and most rates were under $150! (Peppers is nice and is more than twice the price!!) Perhaps too cheap for the accommodation level provided. The bed is comfy and clean. The views are unparalleled. Its quiet and peaceful.

The Bad
If you have a car then there is no issue but as other people have pointed out it is up a steep driveway and to be fair Peter, at all times, offered to be there.. so do not let this put you off.

There were no toiletries (shampoo / conditioner etc) supplied (only soap) but for the price I think if you were expecting this for the price you are in the wrong place. Same as bottled water.

The Ugly
As other people have pointed out the office overlooking the pool was a little odd and so we decided not to use it, but to be fair there is probably not a lot of places which would not overlook the roman pool.
Having the King Room and the hot tub on the roof is VERY private but a little small for a person my size :(

The verdict.. Would I go back
ABSOLUTELY

Perhaps if there was a toiletry pack and water to purchase this would have been nice but I would worry that people would be put off saying that they expect this to be provided.

So, come with your water, shampoo, conditioner and relax as this wonderful place.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks David for your interesting Review. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. Yes, our King "Honeymoon" suite is incredible. We receive only Rave Reviews about it. Come on back again soon. I'll have some cold water in the fridge for you. See you soon mate. Pete

Reviewed 13 January 2019 via mobile

After living in airlie for three years I was surprised to find out ide missed this Absolutely lovely spot, best views in town. clean, tidy with modern fit out that well and truly covers ones needs. Peter hegarty was a pleasure to meet. 10/10 can't beat it....

AND THEN ON TOP OF ALL THAT IT'S $95

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pete H, Manager at Whitsundays Rainforest Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2019

Thanks Ryan for your great Review. Yes, we are definitely under the radar up here. Only those who book to stay actually know we exist. A little hidden Jewel of the Whitsundays. Hope to catch up again soon mate. All the best. Pete