My wife and I have just returned from a week at Airlie Beach. I had to get away from the hectic pace of my work and just chill out for a week. We opted for Airlie Beach because of the variety of things you could do from there (ie. daytrips to some of the Whitsunday islands, etc). After doing a heap of research on the net we chose the Boathaven Spa Resort. Situated just a short walk out of the actual township of Airlie the resort had a view of Boathaven Bay, nicknamed "Muddy Bay" because during low tide the bay turns into a mud pit. The view was ok, hopefully the photos can give you some sort of idea. OK lets get to the accomodation.
Boathaven Spa Resort is not a hotel. The resort is made up of about 25 self-contained apartment with full kitchen facilities. Our room had a spa (spacious enough for 2 people) on the balcony as well as a seperate bedroom. The resort also had 2 pools (water was COLD) as well as a communal spa. The room was neat and well presented and it was certainly a pleasant stay. The staff were more than accomodating and definitely very helpful. They offered ideas of what we could do and was more than happy to book our tours. It was very quiet during our stay midweek but as the weekend neared, a younger crowd of people moved into the resort, the noise level went up but hey I didn't care coz we were leaving anyway.
Quiet during the week, friendly and helpful staff, a clean and well presented resort.
The people upstairs had a bigfoot and every movement echoed into our room - quite annoying. Cold pool, the resort is on Shute Habour Road - for anyone who doesn't know Shute Harbour Road is the ONLY road to Shute Harbour (the place to catch ferries to the different Whitsunday islands) and was a very, very busy road. Trucks, buses and cars rocketed down that road constantly.
Overall the stay was good, it gave my wife and I a week to chill out and do nothing except work on our tans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Perfect Airlie Beach Accommodation Destination! at Boathaven Spa Resort is located just 250 metres from Airlie Beach, and it is less than a 5 minute leisurely stroll to all the restaurants, cafe's, cocktail bars, shops, boutiques, markets and famous Airlie Beach Lagoon. Every room has free wifi, a balcony with views over the Port of Airlie, the Coral Sea or Boathaven Bay. All apartments are air-conditioned, have ceiling fans, full kitchens or kitchenettes and ensuite bathrooms. Some rooms feature romantics spa's on the balcony. The resort offers a large lagoon style swimming pool, complete with tropical waterfall. We offer a sun deck with sun loungers, BBQ area to enjoy with family or friends, complimentary parking, self service laundry facilities, foxtel movies, foxtel sports, free Wi-Fi is available. With the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach and Heart Reef on your doorstep, why not book a tour with our tour desk team, we offer great local knowledge, service and we will arrange complimentary pick up and drop off at the resort to maximise your day tour experience. We look forward to welcoming you PLEASE NOTE : For the enjoyment of all guests, Boathaven Spa Resort enforces a strict NO PARTY POLICY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your at Boathaven Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathaven Hotel Airlie Beach
- Boathaven Resort Airlie Beach
- At Boathaven Spa Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands