“Wonderful Way to Explore the Whitsundays”

Pacific Blitz - Private Day Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Luxury Sailing Holidays in Airlie Beach, Whitsundays.Only 8 passengers with 2 crew members. All inclusive.We deliver the best you can see in Whitsundays with either a 1 day tour, 3 day/2 night tour or Private charter.We'll show you the very best of the beautiful Whitsundays; you'll get to visit prime snorkeling sites on the north side of Hook Island and Blue Pearl Bay at Hayman Island, plus you'll enjoy the ultimate Whitsunday experience at Whitehaven Beach. We'll take you to Hill Inlet lookout and to the far end of the beach for swimming and snorkeling. You'll also get to visit the best island resorts in Whitsundays. Weather dependent we will also visit Long Island, Daydream Island or Hamilton Island*. We'll bush walk on one of the amazing island's through tropical rain forest and visit an aboriginal cave in Nara Inlet.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A perfect 3 day sailing experience. Really showcased the Whitsundays. Most helpful and obliging - Skipper Ben and hostess Juliette made the trip more than memorable - nothing was too much trouble - changed the itinerary to suit our requirements. Great sailing, snorkelling, swimming and walking. Thanks so much - can't recommend highly enough.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Highly recommended.

If you end up disappointed on this chartered sailboat it must be more or less your own fault. The below-average recommendations likely have everything to do with a previous crew no longer working for this company.

I travelled to Airlie Beach on my own and didn’t really know what to expect. At Proserpine Airport the most kind and professional English girl named Beth picked me up. She was forthright and friendly answering all sorts of questions about the upcoming trip. I arrived at the harbour with a smile on my face.

At the pier I quickly got acquainted with the fellow passengers as well as Ben, the skipper, and Juliette, the hostess. Both are exceedingly professional and attentive to your needs. Both have an eminent sense of humour once they open up and get to know you. Their back-and-forths are also heartfelt and crammed with humour. You will notice that they both clearly love their jobs and giving you a fun time comes natural to them; indeed it did on my three-day trip.

There are no designated cabins, so you and your fellow passengers will have to figure that out when you get onboard. I ended up in the bow cabin in front. It is not spectacular in any way, but certainly not uncomfortable either. I can’t speak for the other cabins. The bed was flawlessly made when I entered, everything felt clean and tidy.

A full size adult can stand up below deck, but still, you will knock your head on the doorframe once in a while. I certainly did, so be mindful.

I want to end by mentioning the cooking (by Juliette) which is above and beyond what you can reasonably expect on a sailboat such as this one. Every meal was made with care and unexpected precision on my trip. The breakfast is arguably a bit bland, but that can also be said about most midrange hotels. I noticed that a fellow passenger of mine had made a few dietary requests beforehand and those were clearly met. All in all, I was downright impressed with the food presented to us each day. Well done.

The (few) negatives: a) On my particular trip the front sail had been removed for maintenance. This consequently limited the time we chose to sail without engine power. In any case the crew did everything possible to hinder any potential disappointment related to the missing front sail, so it turned out to be only the most minor of annoyances. b) Be aware that you might end up with a tightly fitting wetsuit if you don’t try it on before embarking. I was unlucky with my size, so I opted out of swimming a few times, simply because the suit was so impractical to put on. I should blame myself for not trying it on first, this can hardly be the fault of Pacific Blitz; just note that you should be aware of the wetsuit size before you come onboard.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Highly Recommended
The Boat was good, the cook Juliet was great, and the skipper Ben was highly professional.
The charter as a whole was an excellent way to spend five days, we explored deserted islands snorkelled sailed the boat in various conditions.
The menu was really good, provisioning very well done.
At the end of the five days I could have kept sailing for another week.

The Whitsundays is an outstanding sailing destination.
I’m sure that my friends and I will return for more sailing adventures

3  Thank XOMJW
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I can't think of a better way to explore the Whitsunday islands. Special thanks to our skipper Ben and wonderful hostess Juliette who were taking care of us during all the journey. I was very scared of spending so much time on board so made myself prepared by purchasing all sorts of seasick tablets. But have to say that by the evening I almost got used to the fact that ground was so unstable. I think this is an experience everyone has to try at least once in a life! There are few things that make it so special:
- the scenery...it is truly the most beautiful place in the world, all the islands are so unique, so different from each other, so special! And with Pacific Blitz we were able to explore best of them. This is a real advantage - you can plan your journey with skipper and it's all up to you where would you like to go, so my advise to make a small research of the islands and have in mind few places to visit. My personal preference was Blue Pearl Bay for snorkeling (simply the best!) and Whitehaven beach (the most iconic beach I've ever seen)
- the atmosphere on the yacht...i have to mention that I am very addicted to my gadgets, always have my phone, my ipad, laptop with me. If i have low battery on my phone it makes me nervous as I am always afraid of missing an important call from family/friends/work etc. And this was the first time ever I put my phone in a bag and haven't touched it at all! Even to make photos (as i have professional camera), even to check the time (i didn't care about the time!) and I really LIVED all three days of that journey! every single minute was special! and i highly recommend to try that! Just dedicate three days to yourself :)
- people! I have to say myself and my husband were lucky to meet such a nice people on our cruise and wish everyone would be able to make new friends on board as we did!
Well, hope my comment helped and you already booking your cruise with Pacific Blitz! ;)