I wanted to explore Great Barrier Reef and Whitsunday Islands in March 2012. After doing some wandering research on the internet and discussions with my Oz buddies, i decided to stay at this Magnums Backpackers. Although i am not a proper backpacker but try to travel with minimum luggage so thought of staying here. When i arrived at Airlie Beach from Hamilton Islands, the first thing i noticed at the Magnums Reception that they are disciplined and organized with almost everything. Staff briefly narrated me the rules and regulations of the hostel, Dos and Donts, Fines and Penalties, Happy Hour and Silent Hours etc. The room i was allotted was enough to make 8 people settled and the most important "toilet and washroom" was hygienic enough to make yourself FRESH anytime. The dorm mates were friendly and accommodating. My 4 nights stay at this MASSIVE property was a treat for myself. I would definitely recommend this property for the travelers from every wake of life like Solos, Family, Couple, Friends etc.
Here is the conclusion :
Pricing : Fair (so many options from Rooms to Dorms to Private Rooms). Within Budget travelers limit.
Cleanliness : Fair and Hygienic
Staff Behavior : Friendly, helping and Trustworthy. (you can deposit passport, money etc).
Restaurant Food Quality : Fair
Restaurant Pricing : Not Bad
Bar Scene : In my opinion - Best Bar in Town with Music.
Bar Atmosphere : Good for all the options (Music, Party, Relaxing, Hanging out).
Location : Centrally located.
Transport : Available - Bus, Cabs
Adventures : They organize all kind of adventures for GBR. (Ask the staff).
Smoking : Only allowed in designated areas, not in the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Whitsundays!!Magnums is a tropical oasis in the middle of the excitement of Airlie Beach. Relax in our beautiful settings or take the short stroll to the famous Airlie Beach Lagoon, Abel Point Marina or Port of Airlie. Magnums is an “over 18 years only” budget holiday retreat in the heart of the beautiful Whitsundays.No need for a cab - Magnums is within walking distance of all the fantastic restaurants, pubs and nightclubs Airlie beach has to offer.Our affordable accommodation styles include dorm rooms, deluxe cabins and private rooms which are all surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens. All of our rooms have air-conditioning and ceiling fans for your comfort. Professionally cleaned linen is provided and our rooms are cleaned daily by our friendly in-house housekeeping team. Magnums’ facilities include a fully equipped shared kitchen and undercover eating area, coin operated washing machines in our laundry, free security deposit service for your security and a free WiFi area, all for your convenience.Our new kitchen/recreation room is now open! We have a 51 inch Plasma TV, games and free Wifi - so it is the perfect indoor entertainment area for your enjoyment. Get some friends together or make some new ones and enjoy a game of volleyball on our sun-filled volleyball court.Want to venture out on a daytrip or an overnight sailing adventure and discover what the Whitsundays has to offer? Magnums has a fully accredited tour desk within our reception area with a large range of tours and activities at very competitive prices. Come and discover Magnums – you will be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Wotif.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Magnums Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magnums Backpackers Hotel Airlie Beach
- Magnums Backpackers Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands