Open today: 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

from USD 6,752.74
More Info
from USD 2,012.26
More Info
All reviews thank you so much whitehaven beach kieran grant itinerary skipper snorkeling
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2019 via mobile

Already the first (phone) contact was very nice, professional + kind people made our decision easy.
Mi Lady is a 54“ Sun Odissey in mint conditions.
Grant, our skipper, has spent the major part of his life on the water and is as cool as experienced.
Vera, the deckhand is an experienced and passionate sailor and a fantastic chef, too.
We had excellent, fresh food (and a well-stocked bar, too).
All we can do is to keep the secret for our best friends.

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank CatrinEva
Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

I usually don’t write a lot of reviews but this time I must, because this was one of the best experiences I’ve had in my life.

The boat
This boat is a true beauty! I just loved the whole style of it. It has a very classy design without compromising function.
The whole look and design was actually the reason why we had picked the Mi Lady in the first place.
We had booked the master cabin with en-suite bathroom, which didn’t disappoint. It has plenty of storage, little windows that you can open to the deck and the bed was very comfy.
The Mi Lady actually produces her own water from the sea, so very sustainable and comfortable at the same time.
On deck there’s a really nice seating area with a table where we had our meals. For relaxing there’s quite some space both at the table or in the front of the boat.
Even in this small space of a boat you can decide if you wanna connect with others or rather enjoy a little me-time, which I really enjoyed.

The itinerary
We had booked the 3day/2 night trip. Time went by so fast, we spent the days with a great mixture of sailing, relaxing on board, snorkeling, a visit at Whitehaven lookout and beach, a swim in the morning and great meals. The crew left room for individual wishes e.g. meal times or more or less snorkeling, which I found really nice.

The food
I love good food and the Mi Lady team didn’t disappoint. I found it actually amazing what the team cooked for us on board. Fresh and delish meals and snacks something new every time. I especially loved the pancake brekkie on day 2 :)
The team can actually cater for a lot of different dietary requirements. I personally don’t eat meat and drink milk and I was perfectly taken care of without compromising my experience or the one of the other guests. I even got a birthday cake ;)

The people
The boat is actually suited for 6 guests. It wasn’t fully booked when we did the tour so it was only 4 guests incl. us plus the crew of 3 people, which was amazing. It’s was a very private and personal experience. The crew Kieran, Pretz and Ace made this the most wonderful time we could have imagined, they are great sailors and hosts to be around. We enjoyed all the great background infos about sailing and nature and had really nice chats.

The Whitsundays
Alright, last but not least some comments on the Whitsundays ;) It’s such a beautiful place. I think everyone must have visited them at least once in their life! Whitehaven beach is one of the purest beaches I’ve ever seen and nature in the area is just so pristine. We saw beautiful corals, dolphins, sharks, turtles, sea eagles, goanas and spiders.

Actually, the only thing that I would change about the trip is booking a longer time ;)
Thank you so much Kieran and team for making this a wonderful memorable time for us!!

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank alles_wird_gucci
Reviewed 12 May 2019

The time we had on Mi Lady couldn't have been better. Kieran and Pretz were great guides, stewards, chefs and friends for our 2 night tour which was for our family of four, including my wife and 2 of our teenage daughters (ages 21 and 15). The boat is spacious and well kept, with ample room in and outdoors, and the sleeping areas are very comfortable. En suites for all cabins is a big plus, as was the rain cover over the outdoor dining/seating area since we did run into some rain showers.

It was really something to wake up on the boat to see the start of the day, and to have a chance to swim from the boat and snorkel a bit as the sun came up and before the day's adventures began. While we saw quite a bit - beaches and sea creatures of course - there was nothing else as relaxing on our 2 week Australia trip than being "trapped" on Mi Lady with not much to do but talk, eat, swim, feel the wind in your hair and have some good laughs. We definitely would have liked to have been "trapped" for longer if we could have.

Lastly, Lindsay and Grant were certainly great with the booking, but their hospitality also extended beyond our time on Mi Lady. After our tour, we had the misfortune of having our flight out of Proserpine cancelled because of visibility issues and we had to find a way to get to Cairns to stay on schedule with our trip. It was a bit chaotic at the airport as other people scrambled to find alternative transport and Lindsay and Grant were a huge help when I reached back out to them to figure out our options.

Hope to get back again someday! Thanks!

Date of experience: April 2019
2  Thank Matt S
Reviewed 11 May 2019 via mobile

We booked a 3 day/2 night sailing trip on the Mi Lady in the Whitsunday Islands and it was absolutely amazing. The boat is a real beauty! Compared to the other boats we saw in the marina and the popular places like Whitehaven Beach the Mi Lady is in an entirely different league. Hosting only 6 guests with two crew members creates a very private experience.
We had the master cabin with a lot of space, a really comfortable large bed and a private en-suite bathroom. The two other two cabins also looked great and all had private bathrooms, however we enjoyed the extra space very much.
But what really made the difference was the crew. Kieran, our skipper, Pretz and Ace are not only experienced sailors but also really nice people. They had great knowledge about the Whitsunday Islands and the nature around us and we really could feel their passion for showing these beautiful places and animals to us. It was a great pleasure to spend these 3 days with them and the other guests (actually it only was one other very nice couple, so the trip was even more private than usually).
The Whitsundays themselves were maybe the highlight of our whole 7 weeks in Australia. Places like Whitehaven Beach are even more beautiful than we expected and the nature is really stunning. So many birds, sea eagles, dolphins, fish, little reef sharks and turtles etc. And the colorful reefs! In fact the reefs containing so many huge corals and a lot of soft corals being not damaged at all were much more beautiful than everything we saw during three different holidays to the Maldives.
I would highly recommend exploring the Whitsundays on a multi day sailing trip on the Mi Lady. It is definitely worth the money. The only thing I would change next time is booking a longer trip!

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank andreasm70
Reviewed 23 April 2019

My wife and I wanted to rent space on a monohull sailboat to experience the Whitsunday Islands on the Great Barrier Reef. We chose Mi Lady a 54' Benneteau because of the small numbers of passengers and the privacy and separate bathrooms. We booked the trip in early March and the booking and communication from the beginning were thorough down to "do you have any food allergies? " When we arrived at the dock to meet they were waiting and took us to the yacht and helped us stow our bags and get comfortable. Well this boat was not only immaculate, but had A/C, expresso machine, it's own desalinization plant, the neatest ice machine I've ever witnessed, and on top of that the berths were roomy and smelled nice. The food and snacks were delicious and the service was equal as well. the skipper and mate were knowledgeable and would let everyone talk about what they'd like to do and make a consensus agreement. We sailed, got a great history lesson the Whitsundays and indigenous settlements, the fishes and corals of the Coral Sea and on. I think what was so nice, is they made it interesting and educational and at the same time were cognizant of everyones interests.They seemed to querie everyone what they'd like to do--sailing, snorkeling, see a cave, hiking up to overlooks like Whitehaven Beach with it's silicon sand beach, swimming and walking on beaches or just relaxing on the boat. We have rented sailboats in a number of places in the world and this experience was by far the best. We had a great time and the conversations were engaging and interesting. You could hardly wait to wake up and see what the next day brought..We also liked that they seemed to know how to avoid the crowds at anchorages and times they picked to do activities. We would recommend this adventure to others for sure. Jerry and Maureen

Date of experience: April 2019