“An amazing trip.”

and up
Whitehaven Beach: Barbecue, Hill Inlet Lookout Bushwalk, Snorkeling
Ranked #6 of 83 Tours in Airlie Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitehaven Beach day tour from Airlie Beach with Whitehaven Xpress. A family operated full day trip with snorkeling, swimming, bush-walking and a Whitehaven Beach BBQ. Whitehaven Xpress offers a full day tour from Airlie Beach, including a Hill Inlet lookout walk, Snorkel or Glass bottom boat viewing and 2 hours on the Whitehaven Beach. Whilst spending the most amount of time on the actual Whitehaven Beach, we provide you with a fabulous Aussie beach BBQ including steak, sausages, chilli burgers, salads and tropical fruits. (Vegetarians are catered for on request) The BBQ is prepared for your enjoyment under the shade of the trees while utilising the National Parks picnic tables. On our homeward journey a platter of cheese and biscuits is served. Departs daily at 9 am from Abell Point Marina and returns approx. 5pm with courtesy van pickup. The daytrip is family operated with Terry, Jill, Captain Dan, and Captain Shane providing a unique personal service.
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Our trip with Whitehaven xpress was amazing, they were so attentive to everybody, they went out their way to show us whales. The food was great. They were so informative about the surroundings and I would fully recommend to anybody staying in airlie beach to go with these guys! A trip we will never forget!

1  Thank Lucy D
Shane M, Manager at Whitehaven Xpress, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Lucy D
Awww so lovely, i miss the whales already....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We had an excellent day with the Whitehaven Xpress tour. The whole day was exceptional. Great Aussie larrikins as our hosts. Pick up from our hotel was well organised with a funny driver. Whitehaven Beach is beyond beautiful and relaxing. This tour group is the only company permitted to have their BBQ on the beach. Loved the goanna which came and joined us for lunch. BBQ was fantastic. Food was very well cooked and an excellent spread. I really appreciated the eco friendly environment. Real plates and cutlery (not plastic disposable). Also took the scraps home to feed the chooks and pigs. That was very impressive. View from the Hill Inlet top was spectacular. We also saw some whales (an added bonus). Snorkelling amongst the Coral and fish was fabulous. Excellent value for money and a wonderful day's adventures for not only us Aussies but our English cousins as well.

1  Thank Vanessa C

VC, noice!
Love it and many thanks, Capt Cook!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We had a brilliant time on this day trip! An enthusiastic, well informed and super friendly crew and skipper made the day and the BBQ lunch at Whitehaven Beach was amazing! We had the added bonus of a whale watching experience when coming back in to the marina. The boat is small enough that everyone on board can get a great view on everything to be seen. One of the best experiences I've had and our children loved it!!

1  Thank Janet C

BB2009
Makes our day to receive lovely reviews, knowing we were part of your experience,
Cheers, Capt Shane and the team

Reviewed 19 September 2017

After many years living in the region, we finally decided to go out and see Whitehaven beach, and took the opportunity to show a couple of Brazilian relatives around the Whitsunday islands. After a quick search, we found the whitehaven express, and their good reputation is well founded. From the moment we were picked up, until when we were dropped off at the end of the day, the experience was excellent. The boat is well appointed, and the crew are very competent, friendly and professional. The crew were open about the recent damage inflicted by cyclone Debbie, and the mix of snorkelling, bush walks, and beach time meant we still got the best experience possible. The beach BBQ on Whitehaven was excellent, and the warnings about sneaky seagulls pinching sausages is to be taken seriously!
All in all, this is an excellent day out, and well worth doing!

1  Thank Martina P

Martina
Wow - thank you for your review. really really happy now, time to knock off i think!
Very nice review to finish on, and trust you have a great weekend as well, Cheers, Capt Shane

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I have mixed feelings towards this tour. The scenery over the Hill Inlet and from Whitehaven Beach were second to none and this was certainly the highlight of the trip.

The BBQ on Whitehaven beach was excellent and enjoyable, even if you do have to protect it from seagull attacks! It was great to see the huge lizards roaming about. It was just a shame to see some of the food wasted though my partner did his best to polish off two plate fulls! I believe this was due to lower numbers of passengers that day. We certainly got a good feed.

Transition from the boat to the beach was smooth and instructions were clearly given, health and safety info was also provided clearly. The guys on the boat were great, one of them was happy to take a couple of photos for us (I think his name was Malcolm).

Unfortunately, my partner felt belittled on the mini bus pick-up in the morning. I have just checked when I got a phone call telling me to be quick and this was at 08:19. I explained we would be there quickly. We were at the mini bus by 08:24 but was rudely spoken to saying the boat waits for no one, when my partner said "sorry mate" he got the response "it's these people you need to apologise to" ie. The people on the bus! When I checked my time for the pick up on my e-mails it actually said 08:25 so we were there on time. Being a teacher myself, I felt as though this was completely unnecessary. We felt like the naughty school kids! However, I'm a 32 year old teacher who was actually one minute early for the bus! It didn't end there,another comment was made on the way back. Again, really necessary? I don't think so personally.

Other things that I think need reconsidering. A) I personally don't feel a charge should be made on stinger suits. It should come with the tour itself but I understand maintenance of them does need considering.
B) It would have been good to be able to use the GoPro for the full day..I paid for it and a card but only got it just as the snorkelling began (I was messing about trying to work out how to use it for a good five mins and in the water) and I had no idea the visibility of the reef area we visited was so low. It would have been good to get it at the start of the day as I could of used it elsewhere. This was a little disappointing as I just assumed the reef was going to be vibrant and colourful.

Overall, an enjoyable day with lots to see, just a shame that we had a telling off for being on time!

1  Thank LPK16