With the lure of cheap overseas holidays, it was a toss-up as to whether we spent our Winter holidays in North Qld or went OS. It was a very good decision we made to travel north and we were recommended Alassio by work colleagues. We spent 7 nights at Alassio and we could not find fault with the premises, the location, the town or the region. Without doubt though, the major reason for a 5 Star rating would have to be the unbelievable service offered by Daryl and Sue, the on-site management team. Nothing, and I mean nothing, was too much trouble. They were full of local knowledge, they steered us in the direction of trips and activities which they had either attended or had been told by previous guests were worthwhile. They assisted with bookings, highlighting the differences between one tour operator and another and they did this with a view to allow you to get the most from your holiday rather than what they received the best commission on. Having travelled a fair bit over the years, I found this to be a refreshing attitude. They were always there when you needed assistance but left you to enjoy your holiday as needs be. The units were absolutely stunning with all the mod-cons one would expect. We were fortunate to have a third floor unit overlooking the ocean and we heard very little noise from the cafe's below. A tiny drawback was the lack of lifts and a wife who packed enough clothes for 7 weeks rather than 7 nights but this was overcome by DaryI who assisted lugging the bags from the very handy undercover parking all the way up. I grumbled a whole lot more than he did, I can tell you!! I recommend the coffee at the small coffee shop in the courtyard - Coffee Haven, I think - look for the Everton supporter..... The Apres Bar was also a great place for a meal and we visited the surf club for a cheap family meal. All in all, a superb location and a very restful holiday. Thank you Daryl and Sue for your wonderful hospitality - you were just magic and we cannot thank you enough. See you again sometime soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alassio Palm Cove is a selection of self-contained luxury holiday apartments, right on the beachfront, built around ancient melaleuca trees, coconut palms and a freeform lagoon pool. Palm shaded Mediterranean style balconies overlook the pool and Palm Cove beach. From your accommodation you are within 5 minutes walk of golf, the beach swimming enclosure, 9 bistros restaurants and bars, Palm Cove Village shops just to mention a few of the conveniences that will make your holiday a relaxing experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Alassio Palm Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alassio Palm Cove Hotel Palm Cove
- Alassio Palm Cove Queensland