Fantastic self contained apartments - yes, but to call this place a resort or a hotel is stretching it.
To me, a resort implies impeccable service and wonderful facilities. If you are looking for nice self contained accomodation (meaning no room service, no housekeeping, no making of the beds, no after hours reception, no assistance with bags) and you are happy to do the laundry and the dishes and sweep the floors of all the sand from the beach every day, then this place is great. The location is perfect and The pool is nice (though it lacks any real atmosphere) and Vivo restaurant is brilliant.
The only bad thing about our apartment was no DVD player (but you can pay to see a movie for $18 -outrageous!) my kids were bored on rainy days.
The beds and pillows are rock hard and uncomfortable (even though we had a mattress topper).
I think mantra should refrain from calling this a resort or make any reference to it being a hotel - because it's not.
We will be back to palm cove in November, though this time, I may treat myself to peppers resort down the road
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Amphora Resort is located on the spectacular waterfront of Palm Cove's palm-fringed beach at one of Tropical North Queensland's most sought-after destinations. Enjoy an early morning dip in the tranquil Coral Sea directly opposite the resort or bask in the tropical warmth beside the lagoon swimming pool with its many coves and nooks shaded by towering palm trees. Accommodation at Mantra Amphora Resort ranges from hotel rooms to self-contained one, two and three bedroom apartments all with quality finishes and most featuring an indulgent spa bath. All rooms and apartments offer private balconies with garden or ocean views providing the perfect space to kick back and relax as the sun disappears and the moon lights up the sky. An ideal place to celebrate a nearby wedding, escape with the family or just take some time out, Mantra Amphora makes room for everyone. Wander the stretch of Palm Cove Esplanade to discover a chic range of restaurants and cocktail bars that will satisfy both discerning palates and family appetites, or dine at Vivo Bar and Brill which sits just next to the Mantra Amphora Resort and offers delicious Italian with subtle tropical flavours. Important information: Sunday 11 June 2017 - Cairns Airport IRONMAN Asia-Pacific Championship Cairns – will involve changed traffic conditions. The Captain Cook Highway between the Cairns Airport and Port Douglas will be closed from 5.30am until 5.30pm due to the annual Cairns Airport Ironman Asia Pacific Championship. For more information visit cairnsadventurefestival com au. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Amphora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Amphora Palm Cove, Queensland
- Mantra Amphora Hotel Palm Cove