2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in great prices from these sites
Booking.comUSD 344
Hotels.comUSD 334
eDreamsUSD 342
PricelineUSD 342
Orbitz.comUSD 334
CheapTicketsUSD 334
1,250 results
All reviews nu nu nunu restaurant beach front heated pool absolute beachfront games room adult only pool beachfront location direct beach access welcome drink full kitchen living room overlooking the beach washer and dryer the location is perfect reception staff the ground floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2019

My wife and wanted a brief escape from the cold in the South and found the perfect getaway in Palm Cove. Very friendly and helpful staff, beautifully appointed & serviced rooms & wonderful facilities.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
clootvoet, Guest Relations Manager at Alamanda Palm Cove by Lancemore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Dear infoP88511QY,

Thank you very much for your kind words on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to the magical Alamanda Palm Cove.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another getaway !

Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

My son and I just returned from a fabulous stay at the Alamanda Hotel and beach resort. The condo was just as beautiful in person as in the pictures. The staff was friendly and helpful. The beach and surrounding restaurants were awesome! Once in a lifetime experience for us and we will always treasure the memories. Great location for many activities. Definitely recommend!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Susan D,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to the gorgeous Alamanda Palm Cove.

The team and I were delighted welcoming you and your son and we are very happy to read that you enjoyed a fabulous stay.

We know it will not be long before you come back again !

Reviewed 18 August 2019 via mobile

I have put off writing this review for a couple of weeks, in the hope that my initial disappointed feeling would have receded and a more realistic view would take over. I still feel the same. We really wanted to like our visit very much. We paid full price, through a travel agent and had high hopes for a wonderful ten night stay. Palm Cove is the pick location in the area - a good number of cafes and restaurants to visit and locations to discover. The resort is beautifully situated in Palm Cove, with extremely easy beach access. My problem was that the resort or buildings themselves, are very tired. While upkeep to the gardens is very good, the cleanliness of some areas of the buildings is not top notch. In ten days, the same dead moth was left on the public stairwell leading to our apartment. The cobwebs and wasp nests outside our bedroom window was unattractive. The apartments are quite roomy, however the en-suite handbasin was cracked and the towel rail was missing bolts. However, the exhaust fans in both bathrooms did not work and apart from hygienic concerns, steam on mirrors took a long time to disappear as one bathroom did not have a window. Apart from all this, the most concerning thing was the bed. It was so bad that my back required several massages post holiday, to alleviate the pain caused by it. When we checked out, I was told that the mattresses were new although some had “failed”. I am not sure how commercial mattresses can fail but there you go! It did cross our minds to ask for better accommodation, particularly during the quieter second week of our stay, however, I did not do this as several weeks prior to our visit I emailed the resort asking if it was at all possible, could we be provided with a north facing apartment. We were given an east facing apartment, with the smallest balcony, so I really didn’t see the point in requesting a change.
My final issue was with the “heated” swimming pools. I picked this resort from a number of other less expensive ones, as the website indicated heated pools. However, despite having three pools - and one was “adults-only” which we loved - only the pool used mostly by children was heated. The others were too cold to swim in, in July.
If the resort did not have Nu-Nu’s Restaurant (subject of separate review), I would find it very difficult to recommend it.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank gaddab0ut
clootvoet, Guest Relations Manager at Alamanda Palm Cove by Lancemore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2019

Dear gaddab0ut,

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your constructive feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to the beautiful Alamanda Palm Cove.

I am sorry that, at some instances throughout your stay, we did not exceed your expectations.

I know that does not change your experience however I hope you can feel confident that we heard your concerns and are correcting the issues you pointed out.

Our main priority is to ensure our guests utmost satisfaction and the issues you have experienced most certainly do not reflect the level of standards we proudly provide at Alamanda Palm Cove.

We would like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding our lovely and very well maintained gardens.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you decide to give us another chance and enjoy the true Alamanda Palm Cove experience.

Reviewed 15 August 2019

We stayed at Alamana Palm Cove. It was a great experience. Wonderful staff. Very clean apartments. Well appointed. They go out of there way to make you welcome. Great views. Lovely quiet location. Great facilities.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
clootvoet, Guest Relations Manager at Alamanda Palm Cove by Lancemore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2019

Dear Steve P,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback following your recent visit to the gorgeous Alamanda Palm Cove.

We are all delighted to read that you enjoyed a great experience with us !

We know it will not be long before you come back again !

Reviewed 15 August 2019

Alamanda has a perfect location at the end of the main strip with access to the beach. Palm cove is in close proximity to both port Douglas and Kuranda. You don’t need a car and Palm Cove has many restaurants and markets. The property is beautiful with a creek running along the back and views of the amazing ocean. We were greeted by Cedric who took wonderful care of us. Our room was the ideal size for 4 of us. Both rooms had their own washrooms and our view of the creek was so peaceful. The kitchen is fully stocked with all your needs eg utensils, dishes, detergent for both the dishwasher and laundry. The balcony has lounge chairs as well. My only disappointment was that the resort including the rooms are in need of an upgrade. This resort has the potential to be a 5 star and probably was many years ago. They bathrooms were more modern then the bedrooms. Dents in the walls, window coverings that show their age, marks are the floors. The feedback form asked us to rate the pool service however no one ever came around to the pool. I was surprised to see so few chairs by the beach and pool for the number of people that are accommodated at the resort. The resort have good size pools and a stunning beach so it’s a shame not to have the proper number of chairs. The games room for the kids is run down. I would recommend this resort I just feel for the price a major renovation needs to take place. We would like to thank Cedric for his exceptional care.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Addison,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent visit to the beautiful Alamanda Palm Cove.

You will be very happy to read that our resort will soon go through some renovations for the pleasure of all our guests.

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our premium location and fantastic team at your service 24h.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future !