“My colleagues at work couldn't believe I actually did this!”

Eco-noeing Go Wild Adventure Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #10 of 17 Tours in Kununurra
More attraction details
Owner description: Eco-noeing - canoeing and camping Ecotours on the Ord River, private day trips and self guided camping tours certified Advanced Ecotourism by Ecotourism Australia. Paddle from Lake Argyle back to Kununurra over three or more days, or choose a boat pickup and cruise back over a day or two. Go Wild also offers abseiling, bushwalking and a range of adventure and experiential learning activities for youth, educational and corporate groups throughout the East Kimberley
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We got our Bear Grylls on and did the Andy’s Chasm hike. It like nothing I expected or had experienced before. We did it in July so the hour hike to the chasm wasn’t too hot, which was good – but on the flip side the water was freezing. I jumped into water full of frogs, came out into secluded gottos full of butterflys and discovered upper body strength I didn’t know I had. I think it would be even more fun and spectacular in the wet season – but we were definitely not disappointed with our adventure. Macka is incredibly knowledgeable, competent and made me feel really safe while Joe provided the right amount of zany energy to propel us forward past ‘the point of no return’. Definitely the highlight of our week in Kununurra. My tips – don’t bring too much stuff as everything gets wet, leave you expensive camera at home and get a disposal water proof camera – if I did it again I would also take a GoPro.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Thanks to Macka for organising such a brilliant tour - anyone who likes a bit of freedom and adventure while being provided with great kit and tips would love this day! We did the one day tour as we were short of time but you definitely get the most out of the day.
We just expected to be provided with a canoe and map but the day was much more than that - Macka explained stuff on the way and even spotted a Jabiru before giving us plenty of time to see Lake Argyle. After leaving us to it on the river we had some successful fishing, close-up views of freshwater crocs and picnic on sandy beach. The views were incredible. Near capsize at one point added to the adventure (don't try fishing while paddling the canoe backwards and needing to avoid trees).
After being picked up by Macka in the boat he gave a great tour on the ride back to Kununurra, spotting more crocs, rock wallabies and nesting opreys for us.
Thanks! Much more than we expected!

1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We had an awesome time canoeing down the Ord River. This is a self guided tour, but Macka looked after us really well. He explained the map, what to look out for, and we felt really at ease. The canoes are excellent and you can go at whatever pace you want. We had lunch at sandy beach and chilled there for a while, before making it to the first camp.

When Macka picked us up at about 4pm, he took us on a boat cruise further up the Ord to watch the sunset. We totally didn't expect this, but loved it. We saw heaps of awesome wildlife and got back to kununurra.

I would totally recommend this tour. If you have time and like camping, I reckon the 2 or 3 day tour would be fantastic as well.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We did the two day, paddle in paradise! It was awesome! Macka is the best host we have experienced, knowledgable, funny and makes everyone feel comfortable about heading down the river! One of the other paddlers went at it in a lone canoe and kept up (in fact in front of us)! First day was the 23 km stretch, sounds long to the beginner but it doesn't feel like it. 6 and half months pregnant and done mostly with ease (and a great co-paddler!) Camp spot is great, rustic and the toilet pretty spicky! Cows stomped through our camp in the night which made for a laugh. Second day, 9km was more stop and adventure day. Up creeks and swimming in the spring pools. Capsized due to a spider over head... oohps. Jump rock was an awesome spot...for the boys especially. Fishing was had also. 4 crocs spotted! Macka picked up up and all our stuff (some drenched) and took us on an informative sunset trip cold drinks and all back to Kununurra and dropped us home.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Two adults and two daughters (7 and 9). Macka is a legend. He makes the day relaxed, safe and really enjoyable. The scenery including cliffs, freshwater crocs and birds was truly amazing. The day cost $480 for the four of us. We got picked up and deivered safely back to our caravan park by Macka,