All reviews king george falls bush camp worth every cent wet season boat driver eagle lodge sea trips aboriginal rock art an adventure his knowledge fishing spots comfortable accommodation spectacular scenery stayed here for two nights gemma airstrip coastline
Reviewed 7 June 2016

After seeing pictures of FAB and videos and thinking this would be a great place to visit, the reality was beyond our expectations. Kevin who is a master of a number of trades makes sure that every guest has the best trip ever with the multitude of activities, fantastic food and service. Amy and Hayley also spoilt us whilst we were there. It was a great way to experience all the Kimberley Coast has to offer, the wildlife and scenery was awesome. The fishing was great. We would highly recommend this as a truly unique experience.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j0whelan
Faraway Bay R, Owner at Faraway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Hi Jo, so glad you and Philip enjoyed your stay at our little piece of paradise. You did well with the fishing. Hope you had a good trip home.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

I first went to Faraway Bay last year & returned feeling completely rejuvenated having switched off from ‘real’ life & rediscovered the things that really matter. This year I returned to Faraway Bay for my mum’s 70th Birthday. I’ve travelled all over the world but I’ve never been anywhere like FAB . When other holiday memories fade and blur, life at FAB remains vivid in my memory.
A unique location - no roads, no resorts, just you & the most spectacular natural environment.

The food is really excellent, Kevin, Gemma & Amber went out of their way to bake beautiful fresh muffins, 3 course dinners, wood fire pizzas & some awesome WA wines. The cabins were comfortable & I loved the outdoor shower.
Highlights were trekking to the Lost City, catching my first fish in the creek & then cooking it up for dinner, the plane ride to and from the camp offers spectacular views. I noticed a few improvements since my visit last year - there's new beer on tap & a shade sail over the outdoor pool.
You’re made to feel at home even though you’re far, far way. This is true wilderness - but I felt relaxed and in expert hands. It doesn't have the feel of a resort - its more down to earth and friendly.
Every day was different and I was surprised that on this trip I went on some completely new day trips. Some people just relaxed in the pool ( not at the beach because of Molly the croc! ) It was a precious three days to reconnect with the art of conversation around the dinner table & with nature at its most spectacular.

If you want a holiday with a difference, if you have an adventurous spirit, go. No, its not cheap, but it will be worth it.

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank Louisa N
Faraway Bay R, Owner at Faraway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2016

We were so happy Louisa to help you create a special experience and memory for your Mum's 70th. I was such a fun 3 days. We hope to see you back again when you need a break from the 'real' world.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

This place is just unbelievable, the owner Kevin made the stay. He is a fantastic host, chief, boat driver, fish finder, and tour guide. The place is worth every cent it costs to stay here. Amy, Kevin assistant, also made us feel very welcome. We had a wonderful time here. The views are just amazing.. The showers with an incredible view out across the bay were very unique. A very big thank you to Kevin for going the extra mile and packing us an enjoyable lunch to enjoy on our day of departure. The beds are very comfortable. The water is from a spring and make your hair all soft. And the airstrip was no problems to land on in my Cessna. Kevin meet us on time on our arrival.

Room Tip: All rooms have excellent views
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Faraway Bay R, Owner at Faraway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

We are so glad you enjoyed your FAB stay, lovely to have your group of 4 and show a little bit of piece of paradise. Safe travels for the rest of your self-flying holiday.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

My daughter had visited Faraway Bay in 2015 and wanted me to experience it first hand. As she said, "What better way to celebrate being 70, Mum" ! From the moment we met our pilot, Georgie, at Kununurra airport for our flight to the airstrip at Faraway Bay I knew it was going to be a very special adventure. I was not to be disappointed. Kevin, Gemma and Amber looked after our every need. The food was astonishing especially bearing in mind that everything has to be airlifted in to the camp - no Coles online ordering up here!! Each day was a different adventure in the boat, visiting the thundering King George Falls, having a shower under the Fountain of Youth, fishing, meandering into creeks that were barely visible even from a few metres away only to reveal a hidden waterfall, or fresh water swimming hole. Clambering over hot rocks was a challenge for me, but with the help and encouragement of everyone I got there......... and was it ever worth it!!!!! To be able to see rock art many thousands of years old close up, which hitherto I had only seen photographs of, was worth every drop of energy expended !! I shall never ever forget the experience. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Would I recommend it ? .............for an experience of a lifetime, most definitely YES !!

Room Tip: This is a Bush Camp, as such the rooms and facilities were good, but don't try and compare it to a corporate hotel !!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine N

It was our pleasure Christine to help you celebrate your milestone 70 years young Birthday. All the best for 2016 - keep celebrating this amazing Birthday year.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

I had heard about Faraway Bay over the years and decided to book a supprise trip for my husbands Birthday. It was everything and even more than I - we imagined. Words don't seem to do it justice or photos. It was truly amazing and the best ever birthday present for my husband. From the exciting flight out (we've never flown much in smaller light aircraft and it was truly amazing) It was like being in another world, totally removed from everything, no mobile phone coverage! which was great for my workaholic husband.. We spent the days touring, although the wet season hadn't produced huge waterfalls, what we saw was still magnificent. Loved the King George River and Falls. Fishing was great and eating the fresh fish was even better. The food was amazing! and so much of it. Did not expect the gourmet delights that we had, the Hor d'oeuvres each night with drinks were to die for! The Birthday cake was beautiful. Accommodation is simple but stunning at the same time, the view is simply beautiful and waking to the sound of the water and the birds was so lovely. We enjoyed waking and having a coffee and looking over the bay. So we thoroughly recommend a stay at Faraway Bay - it is truly unique - so special, bucketlist tick . A huge thank you to Kevin Kathie & Gemma for making this such a special Birthday supprise.

Room Tip: All views from the cabins are amazing, we had Cabin 3 and loved it. (note this is not a Hotel as such, it's a wilderness retreat
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank dianne572016

Thank you Dianne, we absolutely loved having you both and especially helping make Anthony's birthday one to remember.