“Paradise Found”
other travellers have booked this property
Terrace of two bedroom bungalow just steps to the pool
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Terrace of two bedroom bungalow just steps to the pool
Walkway leading to pool and two bedroom bungalow
King Bedroom (optional air conditioning)
Fully Stocked Kitchen
Queen Bedroom
Two bedroom bungalow with studio just steps away - rented together can accommodate up to 6 people
One bedroom bungalow garden setting
Two bedroom bungalow
Catamaran Excursions
Countryside
More of the Country
Daily Fishing Excursions
Fish Market (Fresh Catch of the Day)
Kite Excursions/Schools
Los Haitises
Sailing School
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Marilee K
Toronto, Canada
“Paradise Found”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 for a stay in March 2014

I had the good fortune to stay at the "Nidos" for 3 months, from January through March. I absolutely loved it and miss it a lot!

Carolyn is a wonderful hostess, making sure you are comfortable and taken care of. The bungalows are adorable and comfortable. The bed and sheets were fantastic! Carolyn added water features while I was there, providing a nice background sound to lull you to sleep. I was crazy about the gorgeous pool, and used it every day.

The bungalows are well maintained and cleaned every day. The staff are wonderful and engaging. Carolyn has an adorable dog, Beethoven, who will steal your heart! It is such a pleasure to be there, you may want to spend all your time there, but yes, there is the beach and the town of Las Terrenas nearby!

It's a short walk to the beautiful beach. The "Pescadores," where there are many excellent restaurants, is about a 15 minute walk and the town is just a bit further. You can take many interesting excursions from there. The tour operators will come and pick you up just down the road from the Bugalows.

This was my first time visiting the Dominican Republic. It is an absolutely gorgeous country with wonderful people. The Samana Peninsula, on the northern coast, where Las Terrenas is, is STUNNING!

The "Nidos" is a great place. I would go there again in a heartbeat!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the pool!
Liked least: no indoor living space
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review - it was a pleasure to have you here for 3 months and truly hope to see you again, miss seeing you here!!!
Newcastle
Reviewed 30 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
30 Apr 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review your stay here at El Nido. Thoroughly enjoyed your group - you were all great fun and a pleasure to have here. Hope to see you back again real soon!
ON
Reviewed 22 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
22 Apr 2014
Thank You for taking the time to provide some great feedback on your stay here! Hopefully it is not your last visit, look forward to seeing you again soon…...
Linda M
Newcastle, Canada
“Can't wait to return !!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 for a stay in January 2014

First of all...many thanks to Carolyn (owner) for her hospitality
during my visit Jan.16 - 28.

Her property is a nice alternative to a large, busy resort.
Transportation to and from the airport (1/2 hr) was pre-arranged
by the owner...a no-brainer for travelling alone into unknown
territory.

A gated compound allowed me to feel secure. The owner was
available when needed, but gave me space and privacy to enjoy
the property...the beautiful pool and gardens.

My accommodations were clean and comfortable, providing the
necessary amenities plus a few extra bonuses!

Downtown Las Terrenas provides all required necessities. The
Beautiful beach is just a 5 minute walk. You can walk for kms.
or stop for drinks and get something to eat at a number of
different establishments. The beach itself appeared clean
and not overcrowded.

So learn some Spanish and enjoy!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 50-64
12 Apr 2014
I look forward to your return and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay here!
PoppaGoos...
Bowmanville, Canada
“Our own piece of Paradise”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Carolyn is a very gracious hostess and really welcomed us into her piece of paradise. Our bungalow had all the special Carolyn touches to make me feel at home Instantly. She arranged for our transportation to and from the airport which was a scenic 50 minute drive and even had lunch prepared for us when we arrived. The property is so close to the ocean (6 minute walk), one day we walked the beach for over an hour, the beach just keeps on going we only turned around because I was thirsty. We would walk into Las Terrenas for groceries and I recommend stopping at the french bakery and going through the shops. I loved having my morning tea and reading my book on the deck off my bungalow it was so peacful and private, there are gardens and ponds that attract birds, turtles and bull frogs lol, and everyday the staff are trimming and cleaning, one morning I received a coconut just cut from the tree. Everything is so well kept including a nice pool for cooling off or seating on the lounge chair sunning or reading. When we left the propery all we took was our key and money. We were able to experience this part of the Dominican in an authentic way from having a drink along the roadside to a dancing lesson from Juan at his brothers bar one night. Tell Juan the princess will take lessons before we return. We had lunch and dinner at restaurants Carolyn recommended and although my Fish Burger at Alex's Burger Hut was great and it is not fair to compare but my Schnitzel at Navia's was amazing. Thanks Carolyn

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: That we couldn't stay
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 Apr 2014
Happy to hear that you enjoyed my little piece of paradise and look forward to your return!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing