All reviewshot tubliving roomdominican republicbeach restaurantnatural beachfull kitchenprivate beachcommon areasbeautiful resortfishrelaxing vacationportounitsapartmentaccommodationspropertybeaches
Reviewed 14 May 2016

We have stayed here twice now and will highly recommend to all! The gardens, pools, waterfalls, beachside dining great. The first unit we stayed in was a one bedroom and beautifully appointed. The second stay was a huge gorgeous unit with roof top terrace and jacuzzi. room service great option and the fresh pizzas delish. Maid service great and they did my laundry for a small fee. We were here in April and visited the great Breakfast Buffett overlooking the beach, was so special.

Room Tip: Ask for roof top terrace with jacuzzi
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Have been coming here for quite a time now, since they opened for business and it has always completed my expectations. Great staff, great apartments, great place! The restaurant is amazing and town is a couple of minutes away in car or 4wheel. I would definitely recommend renting a 4wheel or smaller type of transportation!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

We have been staying in this beautiful garden hotel just unfortunately not directly by the sea. We had transportation from the airport to the hotel, the trip 2+ hours as it is about 100 km away. The hotel apartments are actually AIR B&B privately own. Both apartments and connected restaurant "Porto" are very beautiful but unfortunately unprofessionally run. The quality of the food products is not up to standard and choice is very poor specially the breakfast. The coffee is dreadful, the tea just one sort without taste and only white bread.
Such a beautiful place in this lovely natural environment should deserve a quality improvement in all aspects.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank globetrotteSpain
Reviewed 10 April 2016

I loved this hotel. My friends and I were thrilled to be upgraded to the two floor penthouse. The condo was very nicely decorated and fully equipped with everything we needed for a few days stay. There were a total of 2 full and 3 half bathrooms! The upstairs terrace with jacuzzi was such a wonderful place to relax and have drinks.
The Cons: No room service. It's funny because I don't usually order room service but this is one of those places where you wish you could. Also, there is only one restaurant Porto (not managed by the hotel) and service there is TERRIBLE!! I can handle slow service but this place was beyond slow and incompetent. The food, drinks and overall service were not worth the money. Every single one of us was dissatisfied with the experience.
The front desk staff referred a taxi company run by a father and his two sons. The Three Victor's (they have different middle names) were very professional, friendly and made our vacation even more memorable. Their vans are comfortable, air conditioned and new. Their prices were also cheaper compared to tour companies. They recommended the best places to visit and arranged our day tours to El Limon Waterfall and the island of Cayo Levantado, both highly recommended. Victor can be reached at 829-642-6019. I lost their email address but I'm sure the hotel concierge can provide their contact information.
The grounds and pools at Balcones Del Atlantico are truly beautiful and we felt like we had the entire place to ourselves!
For a night out I recommend "La Yuca Caliente", probably our best meal in las Terrenas Great wine selection. Dinner at Le Tre Caravelle was also delicious and service there was outstanding! The beach around "Mojitos" is a great area to just hang out.
I can't wait to return with family and show them this beautiful part of the Dominican Republic!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2016

The Balcones is a truly lovely property.The rooms are great, clean, nicely decorated, very comfortable and set in beautifully maintained gardens. Access to a stunning beach and 3 pools is very convenient. The highlight is the gorgeous bar/restaurant area that is superbly designed. We had a fantastic stay!

On the downside, we had trouble getting adequate numbers of towels, often left with only 4 for 5 people. Soap dispensers were often empty and some of the appliances didn't work. There is also no nearby facility to buy drinking water which means a taxi ride or long walk into Las Terrenas. The food at the Porto restaurant was patchy (some dishes were great, others not) and the cocktails just ok. The electricity and water occasionally cut out. The staff are very friendly but few speak English. There's no tour info or facility info available in the rooms. Sometimes it felt like a new property that hadn't yet worked out the kinks in their service.

Overall, the experience was lovely with some mo or issues. I would recommend this property.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to reception and further from the beach are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family