After traveling to the D.R.'s all-inclusive for over 10 years I can say this is a good 3-star all-inclusive sold with a 5-star rating. Surely the lobby is spectacular and the rooms (we stayed in a Jr Suite part of the Golden Club) were big and the bathroom was very nice, BUT the linens and towels were the kind you'd find at an average 3-star hotel anywhere. I mean the towels were all kinds of towels... ranging from grayish to whitish. Golden Club offers nothing extraordinary out of helping with specialty restaurant reservations and having free computers with Internet. It's not like the Club at Barcelo in Puerto Plata where you have an exclusive area for breakfast/lunch and a private jacuzzi.
Staff at El Portillo need better people-skills and realize that NOT all travelers are European. Food was good but repetitive... excellent Pastry Chef... though... 5-star Armando. Gym facilities were so-so, night show was below average, during the day activities were also below average. Spectacular beaches, great for families with children or just trying to relax. Spa was extremely overpriced so are the shops inside hotel.... I mean $25US for a small Coppertone suntan lotion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic - Samana