“Famaradise . . . !”
other travellers have booked this property
outdoor dining back garden
double bed
sea views
famara beach
al fresco sundeck with Canarian BBQ
famara beach at low tide
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Urs A
Wettingen
“Famaradise . . . !”
Reviewed 21 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

There are several reasons, why I gladly keep coming back to this marvelous place for the
3 rd time in a row:
I like the fully equipped, friendly and colourfull apartement. You find everything you need to spend a holiday. Even if the road to get there is in the last few meters somewhat bumpy, you can be sure to reach a very special place with a stunning overview of the "El Jable" desert with a beautiful vulcanic landscape in the distance and the mighty Famara Ridge right in the backyard and a nice view to the sea of "Famara Beach".
On the terrace of the appartment you find plenty of cozy chairs and possibilities for a sunbath hidden from the wind. Cozy, quiet and perfect !
I experienced the owner, her sister and her husband as very friendly, warmhearted and helpful in every way. I appreciated that a lot.
I can say only positve things about this place !

I'll be back !

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the stunning overwiev
Liked least: nothing
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2015 for a stay in October 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the friendly, helpful owner
Liked least: Shower
Friends getaway Older travelers
Denise C
London, United Kingdom
“awesome views overlooking the best beach in Lanzarote”
Reviewed 20 February 2015 for a stay in December 2014

My boyfriend and I were doing a surf course so for us this was the perfect location. The studio is bright and colourful and Rachel, the owner, has put in a lot of personal attention to detail so it feels really homely. The outside deck area has beautiful views over Famara beach and is a real sun trap. We especially loved the Canarian barbecue and being able to cook and eat outdoors in the winter. We can't wait to return!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the views from the sundeck
Liked least: going home
Your age range 18-24
Older travelers
David H
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Dreadful - booked for 2 weeks but left halfway through”
Reviewed 10 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This is a small property consisting of a converted garage with the patio the original parking area. It is clean and tidy but has minimal storage and basic amenities. The studio has no heating, which was a problem for us, and we found the Wi-Fi very slow and connectivity too poor to access either YouTube or Facebook. The property is next to an unmade road, linking both halves of the Famara beach, which can be busy and dusty at peak times such as weekends.
Our problems started on the Monday of our first week when workmen turned up to continue building a pavement behind the property. They were using: heavy lifting machinery, angle grinders and a cement mixing truck. The noise and dust was too much and we had no choice but to vacate the property immediately after breakfast. On the Wednesday they were right outside and we’d had enough and complained to the owner. We were perfectly reasonable and polite but she reacted in a most extraordinary way and walked off refusing to communicate with us again, except by email. Her first email set out to belittle our experience, offered derisory compensation, and basically suggested we left. At no stage was an apology made or any real attempt to see things from our position. After further emails we spent the next few days of our holiday looking for other accommodation and by Saturday had decided to leave. All in all we found the whole experience, including the owner’s attitude towards us, extremely unpleasant and we would not recommend this place or return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The walking in the local area is quite good.
Liked least: The owner
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
18 Feb 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I'm sorry that you and your boyfriend did not enjoy your stay at the studio. For my part I felt very intimidated by your threatening and confrontational attitude. On arrival you complained about the supermarket I directed you to as well as the lack of sunshine and a heater. No one else has ever asked for a heater but I offered more bedding and the option to buy a heater if necessary. On Tuesday evening you complained about the WiFi speed as you said you liked to watch films. As I explained to you at the time we live in an isolated area and I pay a premium rate for a quality WiFi service but it's definitely not as fast as you might be used to in a major city. Wednesday morning was the only time in which public work was carried out to the pavement outside the studio. Although I had absolutely no control over this I did my very best to minimise the disturbance to you as well as giving you 50€ in cash which, at the time, you said you were happy to accept. At this point I also offered a 100% refund on every day you preferred not to remain at the studio. However you said that you wanted to stay and be compensated on a daily basis should further complaints arise. Despite the fact that no further work continued to the pavement you then decided, 8 days after your arrival, that you wanted to leave so I made an immediate PayPal transfer back to you for the full amount of the remaining 6 nights.
I pride myself on the studio and on the service I provide as a friendly, helpful and accommodating host and I believe this is more accurately reflected in every other review left by previous guests.
Janeo D
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely studio with fantastic private patio”
Reviewed 2 January 2015 for a stay in November 2014

We stayed in Rachel's studio in Famara for a fortnight in December 2015. It was perfect for our needs - we had some work with us so were hanging about there a lot more than if we'd been fully on holiday and out and about. The studio is great - a lovely, comfy, colourful space with plenty of places to store clothes and stuff. Very comfortable bed (which you don't always get on holiday). The tiny kitchen area is well designed - it worked for us and had everything we needed. The private patio is bigger than the apartment with different seating zones and options. Rachel is the perfect host - left us to get on with it but was friendly and on hand if we needed advice and was really helpful above and beyond what you might reasonably expect, a couple of times. And she has cats! They dropped round now and again to see what we were up to. That was a bonus. I love Lanzarote and Famara is one of my most favourite places on the planet. Rachel's studio, in the traditional Norwegian bungalow complex (which is a story in itself), is a great base for a trip. Highly recommended.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was all great - visiting cats a bonus ;-)
People with disabilities
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing