“Excellent customer service - good food!”
Review of Oscar & Lalo

Oscar & Lalo
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Wonderful Palapa Restaurant since 1982 with a pebble floor, mayan sculptures, waterfalls, hammocks, exotic birds, a peaceful garden with a fantastic jungle setting. Excellent Seafood, Authentic Mexican and Yucatecan Cuisine. World Famous "Lalo's Special", a dish made with fresh shrimp, lobster, calmer, fish and chicken fajitas is Superb. The ceviche made of fresh fish, shrimp, lobster, octopuss and lemon is also exceptional. The most relaxing place to laze in a hammock after a delicious feast.
Baltimore, MD
“Excellent customer service - good food!”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Very friendly staff and very good food. We dined here three times during our 1 week visit to Tulum and enjoyed it every time. The staff was friendly and got the meal just right, the food was very enjoyable too.

Two of the three times,we were joined by the Owner who chatted (knew our hosts at the B&B) and told us about the dishes she was planning and testing, and asked us to "test" or "try" other food as well! She was lots of fun and made a good time even nicer.

It is the closest restaurant to Casa La Dolce Vita B&B and the other residences on Soliman Bay. It is on the west side of the main road between Tulum and Cancun and easy to get to.

• Visited May 2011

• Polish first
Saskatoon, Canada
“"Great Atmosphere, Average Food"”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The restaurant's monkey was a big hit with our four-year-old son, and the owner was very warm and welcoming. She's clearly invested in treating her customers well, and knows a lot about the Yucatan.

The food, however, was average at best. My own food was far too spicy (and I like spice!), but the owner quickly rectified this by bringing some tomato sauce to tame the heat. However, my husband's mango shrimp and parents' dishes were lacklustre. Perhaps we were too spoiled by all the great restaurants of Tulum.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank LollipopLori
Nevada, United States
“Good, loved the monkey”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We loved seeing the cute baby spider monkey. Atmosphere was cool, jungle seen. We wore bug repellent and didn't have much of a problem. Food was good too.

Visited March 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“The Best Meal of our One Week Trip”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This meal was included in our extreme expedition tour, and we agreed that it was the best meal of the trip. I am a vegetarian and they had great options for me along with lovers of seafood and chicken. The ambiance is lovely, the service is great, it has a very quaint and authentic feel to it! This place is a must try while in the Yucatan:)

• Visited March 2012
Houston
“Be very cautious”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My wife and I ate lunch. I was very specific when I ordered, such that I even pointed to the item on the menu. We wanted a small cerviche and a small chicken fajitas (the call it a medium, but it's their small size). When the bill came we were charged for a larger order of each, about an additional $10 added to the lunch. I tried to question the bill, but the language barrier made it too frustrating. The place was so highly recommended that I let my guard down.

Be careful what you order and make sure you get multiple confirmations from the waiter. The food was good, but I can't recommend it, because I think they are dishonest.

• Visited March 2012