eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2019 via mobile

We booked a room at the Pandanus for our 26th anniversary as it was close to our favourite beach and restaurants. The road out the front was undergoing roadworks unfortunately and it was very noisy. The apartment was ordinary for the price. Clean and tidy. Toilet was off bedroom which was awkward when we had guests. There was no privacy from shower to bedroom. Otherwise we were happy and would stay again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

So... in my typical style due to work schedules, not knowing my exact arrival dates I found this place at the last minute, as everywhere was full.. called ahead and they had a cancellation.. took a punt and went for it!

Glad I did! Great location! Owners / managers who care! Fantastic appartments with unequalled view! I felt that luck was totally on my side and loved the place! If I’m in the region again I’m staying there! Simple as that! Loved it!!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2018

I have recently booked a 2 x night stay at Pandanus Coolum Beach. The booking process was fairly easy and went through without any hick ups or issues. I even received a booking confirmation number.

What happened next was actually stunning and I still can't understand how they can run a business this way.

The day after I made the booking I received a phone call from the hotel saying that they will not honor the booking as they don't allow 2 x night stays and that they accidentally put the wrong amount on the add for the accommodation. instead of the $220 per night it is something like $350 or $400.

What really got me was the attitude of the hotel. They asked me if I seriously think that this was the correct amount as nothing else in the region asks that for accommodation?

This totally stunned me as not only did they go back on the confirmed booking but they also made out that I was wrong to book it in the first place.

I will be taking this further with the Travel Industry in Australia but also wanted to provide my feedback on here given the utterly poor service from this crowd.

Room tip: My only tip for travelers is not to book this hotel. It is utterly horrendous.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Martin M
Neil H, Manager at Pandanus Coolum Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2018

Hi Christiaan,
I am sorry you are upset but as explained to you during our call...
I rang you about 30 mins after we received notification from a third party booking agent.
I advised you that somehow during rectification of software problems we were having you had managed to request a booking from an agent for Christmas day and Boxing day only. This period had a five day minimum and the tariff was substantially dearer as it is the peak season. You advised you understood our situation and would cancel your booking if no money had been taken. You were going to ring the agent. We then received your cancellation.
Pandanus Coolum Beach did not at any time send you a confirmation (I rang you to tell you we couldn't) and no money was accepted. We do take 2 night bookings except at Christmas, Easter and September School Holidays.
I apologise for the offence you have taken.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved our stay wished we organized to stay longer. Rooms very clean a tidy. We stayed with a infant. Which cot was ready and waiting. Just ensure you let them know if you require sheets as they hire the cots. The managers easy to get along very friendly and welcoming. My toddler loved popping down to find a new movie to borrow or a book to read. Again the managers are very knowledgeable of the area. Walking distance to the main area. Walked across the road and you are on the boardwalk to the main beach.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Poppy & I, decided we have worked too hard lately so off to Coolum Beach for some R & R. Poppy bought a new surf board and was happy with the location of our accommodation as he could see the waves and surfers at First Bay Coolum Beach. Unit was very clean and comfortable with everything you need to have a relaxing time. Heated pool, spa everything within walking distance. Managers were extremely helpful and friendly. We'll be back for sure! Thank you

Room tip: Rooms at the front overlook the sea, only issue is the stairs but hey we came home fitter!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Neil H, Manager at Pandanus Coolum Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you Rose for taking the time to review our Pandanus and the beautiful Apartment 23.
I know how busy you & "Poppy" are and Neil & I will certainly look forward to your next visit.