“Quantity instead of quality.Club style food.”

Crackerjacks Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 74 Restaurants in Coolum Beach
Reviewed 22 July 2018

My fish was hard to find inside the overcooked batter.
My wife's chicken parmigiana was tasty enough but a very large serving. That is certainly not a negative.
Good value if quantity is what you are after.

We won't be going back.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We decided to go to this restaurant for lunch, and were surprised to see they had $7 lunches every day through the week, so we decided to try one of those. We didn't really expect too much for our $7, and we were right - if you are really hungry, you should probably try one of the items on the menu, rather than the $7 menu.

Not a lot for our $7 - I had Sausage with tomato and onion gravy. One sausage and a lot of mashed potato, a few carrot sticks and pieces of corn and brussell sprout was all that was on the plate - very little gravy also, could not taste the onion or tomato in it either.. Fish and chips - very small piece of fish with lots of chips. Sausage was very tough to even cut - first time I have ever had trouble cutting a sausage. Taste-wise - it was all ok and well presented.

Nice atmosphere in the restaurant which is attached to the Coolum Beach Bowls club - very handy to access - plenty of parking also. Not sure whether I would go there again - have tasted better food elsewhere - have tasted worse elsewhere also, so have given this a "medium" rating. As they say - you get what you pay for - certainly true in this case.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

They need a new chef who knows how to cook steak. We went on the night they have chicken schnitzel on special. Service was lacking but if we ordered the special it would have been different. Not impressed.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Mouth watering chicken parma, well that's what we used to get! New owners have switched things up a lot. The parma was overcooked and dry, however it was a breast and not thigh so that's a plus!

Hubby had fish and chips and the batter was so thick and overcooked really wasn't appetising at all. The menu has dropped by at least half, lots of deep fried, one steak I saw, however I didn't look too hard as my heart was set on the parma. The price of the parma has now jumped from $18 to $23.50 and there is no salad bar anymore, just a quick garden salad on the side with the chips (stacks of them though).

I feel it has gone back to the "old school" ways of menu selection typical of what you might expect at a bowls club. Sorry CBBC I'm not sure what happened to the previous restaurant owner, but I was disappointed in the new one.

Admittedly it was (last) Friday night and, during school holidays and it was busy, so we will excuse the long line to order and the hour wait for our meal. I love seeing our special place of Coolum so busy (glad it's not all the time though).

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Newly taken over by new chefs, the meals are very flavoursome and have a great variety. Excellent value for money I loved the steak and kidney pie also the lambs fry and bacon.