“Petit France in Arrowtown”
Review of Bonjour

Bonjour
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Price range: USD 3 - USD 20
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Have a French Breakfast and try the fresh and simples dishes of France's everyday cuisine in a relaxed environment for Lunch. You have to try our original French Cheese Fondue. Enjoy our fresh Crepes made in front of you. Visit our "Epicerie" with fresh baked Baguette, Croissants, Pain au Chocolat and other pastries. Have a look in our retail shop and try our French Cheeses and other French specialties. Enjoy the French way of life!! Opening hours: Open 7 days a week from 8.30am for Breakfast & Lunch till late afternoon. Early start at 8am on Saturdays & Sundays. PUBLIC HOLIDAYS OPEN Groups and functions welcome
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for a late lunch on our first day of a 3day mini-break. Lovely French ambience but the service is a little slow. I had a delightful smoked salmon crepe & my husband had the pumpkin soup with fresh baked bread. Both meals were delicious but we finished off with coffee and a French pastry which was very dry - a disappointing end to a lovely light lunch.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Pretty authentic galettes and other French goodies.Nice outdoor seating area in a row of restaurants.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Simple French food with friendly service.
The menu is a little limited but don't let that put you off, there are more than enough choices for a wonderful lunch.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We went here twice , first time very disappointing as the specials were sold out and we chose the seafood soup, which had no seafood only minced vegetables. We thought we would try again and get there early for the specials, which were very good. The only problem we had was when we chose to eat outside the wind was very strong, the waitress brought our 2 glasses of wine and before my husband had taken a sip the wind blew the plastic tablecloth and over went the whole glass of wine. We did not think we should have to pay for another glass as the tablecloth was not secured , but the manager was very rude and authoritian, said we chose to sit outside so our fault. I think we were being quite nice and not getting agessive in any way , but the way we were treated was disgraceful. I would not go there again as I would not be happy giving my money to this establishment.

lafleurArrowtown, Owner at Bonjour, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for your review. It may be due to my french-german accent, but you got me wrong. I never said it's your fault. What I tried to explain was, that when you are sitting outside, it's your responsibility if things like this happens. You may get a bird poo, or dust in your glass, or in your case wind blew your glass, so that's your risque. This is not our responsibility and that's why we do not reimburse those "accidents" Giving you the impression that I'm rude, well, I'm sorry for that, I didn't intend to be.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

My partner and I went for breakfast here two mornings in a row. The coffee is great! I had the breakfast Quebec which is French toast done with croissants not bread. My partner highly recommends the baked eggs, they’d be fab pre skiing.