“Yummy lunch”

Benson Road Deli
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Remuera
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Not sure why this place has so many bad reviews! I wouldve avoided the place had a friend not recommended it. Yummy food, great coffee and good service too.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Great place for breakfast excellent menu with fast and friendly service. A definite must to go again.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Today I met my friend here for lunch. Our experience was not good. She sat for 20 minutes with no service, I was late but when I arrived we sat for another 10 minutes with no service before ordering at the counter directly. A very slow procedure.

Everything we touched was sticky I.e. table top, chairs, toilet door handle. I asked a waiter if he could wipe our table, his cloth smelt so bad it made us both reel back at the stench. He bought out another one which was just as bad.

My meal was sad....a chicken salad that was tasteless. My friends bean meal sent her rushing to the toilet.

We won't be back. A sticky, smelly, dirty cafe.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Having moved recently we have been taking recommended walks as part of exploring new parts of Auckland
This particular walk was based around Orakei Basin with a variation that took us past the Benson Road Cafe.

So as suggested by the walking guide we popped into the cafe for a spot of morning tea

We had a coffee and an iced chocolate which were good and a limited choice of one sweet muffin in this case triple chocolate
There were no scones?
So although it was a nice Cafe I'd mark them down due to lack of a scone and one muffin. They did have savoury options.

The other factor was the water was serve yourself but the location was at the end of the servary and people sitting at a table were in the way.

I didn't get much dialogue or eye contact from staff either.

I would give them a second chance to try something cooked

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

This place is our local. It has consistently good food and coffee. Let down on occasion by staffing but made up for by a consistent manager. Great location opposite Maple Room to watch the world go by. Extremely dog friendly outside.