Open today: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm

from USD 36.29
More Info
from USD 56.08
More Info
All reviews person serving great tasting reds wine hostess rose
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

We obviously arrived at the wrong time it looked as if staff were enjoying their morning tea outside and the person we dealt with obviously wanted to be elsewhere! Not a full tasting we knew what we wanted asked to taste I was surprised we actually bought something. Cannot say I would be rushing to return.

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 9 January 2021

Busy but had great service. The person serving us was very knowledgeable about the wines and answered all our questions. Enjoyed the rose.

Date of experience: January 2021
2  Thank Diver764965
Reviewed 16 March 2020

I visited for a Wind Tasting on the weekend. They were busy but not crazy busy and there was more that one person helping with tasting.
One of the staff asked us if how they could help and I replied a tasting for one. Go start. They were busy with a couple on one side of me and a group of 3 on the other. They were a little abrupt with runing down what the deal was - ie number of tastings to price. I requested my first wine, it came and they went to help the other groups - again so far no problems. I walked away while trying my wine to look at the bottles on sale and came back when finished to find out that they'd made a dig to my partner about me waking off. after the whites I washed out my glass with water to which I was criticized - whether this was a bad thing to do our not I didnt need to be 'told off'. I then tried the red, during which she offered to sign up the parties either side of me to their club/membership. However, when I finished, no such offer. I really felt that they had made a judge call on what I looked like and decided that I wasn't worth the effort. That was fine, I left and will not be back, I've previously been a regular customer and have purchased numerous Homage reds. But that's over, and I'm taking my patronage to others in the region. I didn;t expect special treatment - just the same as everyone else and I don't expect to be told off - even if in error - there are nice ways to educate and hey - offer me a clear class when I move to the reds! Really disappointed

Date of experience: February 2020
trinityhill2396, Public Relations Manager at Trinity Hill Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

HI Darren,
We wish to apologise for the Tasting you have described in detail on Trip Advisor and say it is not our usual standard or M O at all. The Staff Member that was juggling a few Tastings at the time is absolutely devastated by this review. There was perhaps a miscommunication when you went for a wander around the tasting room. We always aim to please and wish to offer you and your partner a VIP tasting experience if you would care to book any time in the future. Our philosophy is everyone is important that walks in the door. Once again we are sorry you felt unappreciated and compelled to write this review. We hope you will come back and give us another try one day.

Reviewed 23 February 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed an excellent tasting experience. Delicious red wines. The best New Zealand reds we have tried. The woman helping us was pleasant and knowledge. The only difficulty was deciding which wines to purchase. We ended up with their delicious Port style wine and a velvety Syrah. I wish we would have visited at the beginning of our trip instead of the end. Fantastic!

Reviewed 18 February 2020

My bestie and I had a biking wine tour on Sunday and really enjoyed stopping for a picnic lunch under the trees at Trinity Hill. Our wine tasting experience was somewhat affected by the spilling of red wine over my white linen top by the person serving us our wine.

The staff member involved was apologetic and gave me a stain remover to spray onto my top. However, we were surprised to be asked to pay for the service when my clothing had been damaged for the day. Had I been wearing designer labels I suspect our service may have been different.

Date of experience: February 2020
trinityhill2396, Public Relations Manager at Trinity Hill Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2020

Hi Rachel, Firstly, we are so sorry the drop failed on our Host in the Cellar Door and sprayed a little wine on your top. Upon speaking with Michelle she is upset to get this review after she thought she had made it right with the stain remover etc. As a token of apology this happened on our watch, we would like to send you a bottle of wine. Please email me Cara@trinityhill.com with your address and we will get that to you. Once again, very sorry for the accident. I can assure you designer labels would make no difference around here, an accident is an accident. Once again, we are very sorry for the incident.