“Big Boi Burger”

Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Russell
Description: Fish and chip takeaway Russell New Zealand
Description: Fish and chip takeaway Russell New Zealand
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Big boy burger was exactly what I was expecting. If you are in need of a serious feed, this is the answer

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Grabbed the $25 special with 4x hoki, large chips & gravy. Added in some large kumara wedges and a pineapple fritter too which was definitely too much food but it was all sooooooo tasty!!

But if you’re gonna get the $25 special, there should probably be at least 4 of you in the group haha!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Bought pies and sausage rolls from this bakery, absolutely delish, great choice of flavours in pies and good choice of cakes also. Staff friendly so worth the visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Hot and tasty picnic on the waterfront, Crusty Crab provided a handy place to get a tasty package of fish and chips.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Worst customer service. The lady at the counter with short blond hair tired up - has given me the worse customer service I have ever experience in NZ and I'm from Auckland. I am not sure why she was so rude is it because I am Asian or she thought I was a tourist? She let go a big sigh when I asked her to add tomato sauce to my order and also told me off for losing my order number when she knew the order belonged to me!!
Also, I was next in line but another staff member chose to take the order of the person behind me because she knew them and completely ignored me.
The battered fish I ordered tasted ok but even if it was the best fish I word not go back there just to feel disciminated against.

1  Thank Susan T
Tracy P, Owner at Crusty Crab Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Hello Susan,

I am so very sorry to hear about your experience with us on this day, I can assure you that this is not a regular occurrence as we pride ourselves in a high regard of customer service and agree this is unacceptable. We can assure you that this matter will be dealt with immediately from our management team and invite you back for a more promising experience with us at anytime to make amends.