“Lovely breakfast”

Butterfish
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Russell
Price range: USD 6 - USD 30
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had the big boi breakfast, really hit the spot. Great coffee and very friendly staff. Will definitely visit again

Colin S, Owner at Butterfish, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thanks for the great review. Much appreciated

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Four of us had dinner at Butterfish to celebrate a wedding anniversary. The service was excellent. The food was good. And the atmosphere, especially watching the sunset over the bay was spectacular. We didn't have glamorous meals: fish and chips, chicken burger and chips, gnocchi. My friend raved about the gnocchi. We had wine, beer and soft drinks - all very satisfactory. We arrived at 6:00PM and by 8:00 the staff was sweeping and getting ready to close. Russell is not known for late night dining, so we left. This was my first evening meal at Butterfish. Usually I stop in after tennis for coffee and excellent baked goods - which I highly recommend. Dinner was good.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Had a good lunch with my friend. Super tasty! Unfortunately my friend’s food came a lot quicker than mine, so when I finally got mine she had finished ages ago. But yummu lunch, worth waiting!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Situated on Main Street handy for the ferry. We had an early dinner here. Weather forecast was cool and expecting a storm so ate inside. Window table overlooked sea with open window. Chose seafood curry which was very tasty and not expensive. Good service.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Just done a revue on Sally's saying now blue fish instead of Butter fish can you please fix for me..

Colin S, Owner at Butterfish, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

We are unable to change things on Tripadvisor. We would have only 5 star reviews if it was possible Ha ha