“Pre theatre visit”

Price range: USD 4 - USD 16
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub, New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Description: Urban Oyster Bar & Eatery is Nelson's newest and most innovative dining experience. Don't be afraid to put your elbows on the table and engage us and your fellow diners. Get to know us and what's inspiring us today. We'll be delivering the things we're currently passionate about on each plate we serve. We hope you come with a curious spirit ready for the experience of what an eatery is all about. Our menu changes regularly with respect to what we are into at the moment, whether it's an ingredient, band, chef or current event. Our goal is to make everyone feel like whanau - whether it is your first or fortieth time. We believe that serving up good juju isn't just in the food and drink, but in the attitude and atmosphere which makes Urban the perfect place to stop in and refuel. Our menu is innovative and fresh .. Enjoy a freshly shucked oyster or for the more courageous crispy pigs ears! We have no reservations which applies does not apply to groups of 8 or more. Feel free to share a table with some locals, or visitors for that matter. Eating is a sharing experience!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Recommended by friends and a great place to chill with cocktails wine and great food, not the cheapest for food but all fresh and well presented. The cocktails are fab with excellent wine choice, gets busy and no bookings taken, service is good from a very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Would happily visit again and try different dishes.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Came here with my 9 year son for lunch. Had oysters, escabeche and fish taco. All were perfect. Service was first class, and I think my son wants to eat here all week!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We came to grab a snack of oysters before dinner. Fresh and tasty, they did not disappoint! However, the star of our entree, were the ceviche tacos. Devine!!

I'd come with champagne and oysters in mind... not realising there is also an extensive tequila menu on offer! Would love to have tried some of this. Next time!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Firstly let me say I am not a huge fan of "shared menus". My experience generally is that I come away feeling that I have had insufficient to eat and paid over the odds. Still thought we would try Urban Oyster Bar and Eatery in Nelson based on a friend's recommendation, and the Trip Advisor reviews.

What a fantastic experience - friendly, helpful, attentive staff, despite being busy.

And needn't have worried about the quantities - we thought we would start with the pork belly sliders, and the char-grilled lamb. We added a vegetable dish as an extra. The maitre'd suggested we add an extra slider to the standard three. Based on previous experience of shared menus, I had expected to order further dishes. No need - the two dishes plus vegetables was more than ample. Pork belly sliders, delicious combination of flavours; the char grilled lamb with tabouli and middle-eastern spices, stunning.

To finish, we shared the pop-corn/merangue sundae.

Great selection of wines, craft beers and cocktails too.

One of the best meals I have had for a long time. A "must" if you are staying in Nelson.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This place is understandably popular... the food is different and well flavoured. Great atmosphere and service. Recommended experience..