All reviews countdown supermarket large supermarket main shopping area swimming pool close to town shower room motel units location is excellent handy location comfortable bed modern facilities great taste short walk stayed for nights within easy walking distance saturday market would stay again
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Had 1 nights accommodation here when i,n Nelson for business. Very nice and spacious apartment, would be great if you were here for more than 1 night, especially with supermarket just over the road.
From my perspective it was at the opposite end of the town from where my work was based - no issue at all the it was an enjoyable walk in good weather, but could easily have been awful, after all it is nearly June. Most of the restaurants, bars and cafes were located down the other end as well.
No doubt Nelson is a safe little place, but not so keen wandering around at nigh in a strange place, so from my perspective the location wasn't the best. Would be fine if you had a car of course.
Regardless, was well modernised, clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

This, I think, is in a very good spot, you could walk to town and it has a supermarket just across the street. It was very clean and well equipped. There is a launderette on site. The cost of the launderette does include the soap powder. The pool is small and at the edge of the car park opposite the office, but is good if you just want to cool off. The motel is at in intersection but we didn't experience too much road noise. Nelson is a lovely town, with a theatre and great market every Saturday.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Palmsmotel5, Manager at Palms Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thanks so much for your lovely review Annette B.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to Nelson to do the Abel Tasman Great walk. The owner was super helpful to me booking 2 rooms as we needed a room before and after. We were able to leave our luggage with her and when we arrived after the walk it was late and we were tired, so she let us sort payment the next day instead. Rooms were lovely and the location is super handy. Will definitely return.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Palmsmotel5, Receptionist at Palms Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thanks for your awesome review Foomie26. So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to see you again.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

So, what was the entertainment in the car park??

Some muppet parked outside my room and didn't park straight... which isn't so bad, it was the idiot that wanted to park between that car & the fence of the swimming pool... the park was so tight he had to climb over to the back seat to get out... yet 10m away were plenty of spare car parks.

He believed that was his park... left a note on the car next to his and complained to the office about 9.30 @ night, with no avail as they didn't know who's car it was.

Apart from that, my room was nice, though alone on business I managed to get a 2 bedroom suite with a spa bath....

What was another interesting matter, was the length of time the people in the unit above me spent in the shower... no regard for conserving water.

The bed was comfy, the breakfast I ordered was on time, though when you order fruit, you don't expect, stewed apple.

Over all a nice stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Palmsmotel5, Receptionist at Palms Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thanks for your review Jim K, very amusing reading. The funniest part is that the person who's car you are describing actually turned out to be the very clean people in the room above you. Glad you still managed to have a nice stay and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Nice clean tidy. Friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommend. Would definitely go back. Close to CBD. Can walk to resturants entertainments. Shops and supermarkets. Great location. Enjoyed my relaxing spa bath. Thanks again

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Palmsmotel5, Receptionist at Palms Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thanks for your review 546sherrid. We also think its a great location. Hope to see you again.