See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This place is fantastic. A great situation for relaxing at the beach in the comfort of your accommodation! Great hospitality and very helpful about car parking or leaving luggage while we were away walking for a couple of days. We made to feel very welcome and the continental breakfast is more than adequate. Perhaps the only minor downside is the traffic on the road below, but it doesn't destroy the ambience at all.

Room Tip: The suite upstairs would be a great choice in winter as it has more space and still good views. The smaller rooms downstairs are perfect for outdoor access.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Had two nights here. Rooms beautifully appointed and with magnificent views. Anne was a wonderful host, providing plenty of information, great breakfasts and space for us to make the most of her beautiful home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Enjoyed both our stays here very much. Ann was a lovely helpful host and the place was beautiful. Comfy bed, modern bathroom and lovely living space. We were upstairs in the back room.
Only one gripe, being woken up by the hosts alarm clock (thier room is next door) is a bit of a shame when you are on holiday. A wee bit noisy but apart from that, very nice accommodation and the location is perfect!

Room Tip: Perhaps the downstairs room if you would like a sleep in.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kate b
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Came here on basis of previous reviews and availability and weren't disappointed.
Only stayed 1 night, but would stay here any night when in Nelson.

Ann and Alan were really friendly, the room was lovely with a new modern bathroom and air conditioning. The B&B is really well located too, just a few minutes towards Nelson City from the airport.

The elegant breakfast was served to us on the deck in front of our room, so we could eat while enjoying the stunning view of the bay and the sun coming up over the distant mountains.

While we loved the place, it's located up some steep steps, so if you are not happy climbing stairs, this isn't the place for you.

Otherwise stay here. It's fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Loyal-QPR-Fan
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I hardly dare to review this, in case it gets too popular!
Absolute Beach is a new, small, apartment block on the beach road at Tahunanui. Although the road is busy, I did not hear any traffic noise through the double glazing, and it is the only obstacle between your apartment and the beach, so it did not worry me at all.
The sea view is amazing, especially at dusk, and the beach is large and safe for swimmimg.

Ann and her son have created (in my view) a perfect place to stay. The decor is fantastic, attention to detail astonishing and it's all spotless. On top of this, there is parking, easy car access to Nelson and the airport is 5 minutes drive away!

I had a downstairs double room, with a sea view and shared deck. The bed was so comfy, the bathroom gorgeoues. I could go on and on...
Ann and her partner, Alan, are the perfect hosts. You can have breakfast in their area upstairs, or in your room, but I suggest upstairs so you can spend some time with Ann - she's great and a real character. Her years in the hotel industry are interesting to hear about and she really knows how to look after people. My breakfast was lovely and she went the extra mile with any requests I had.
Stay here, especially if you are on your own, or in a couple, and you will not regret it.
I wish I could live there permanently!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo