“Good food fast service”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Went here for a business evening outing with a big group of people. The variety of Thai food and the flavours and most importantly the speed of service was great. There are quite a few Thai food restaurants around Nelson and this one is up there in quality.

1  Thank JosePablin

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Chokdee is so good...the staff are lovely and friendly and the food is very authentic. Only reason why I didnt give it an Excellent rating is the decor, a little out dated but this is just minor. The main thing is the food is very good and the portion sizes are great and you cant beat the lovely service. My favourite on the menu is Chicken Tom Kha...a must, full of flavour, I just love it and I've tried a fair few Tom Khas but Chokdees is the best. Great range of dishes to chose from and even their lunch specials are great and affordable. Seems very popular so if you want to check Chokdee out you can book a table online on their website, definitely worth a try if you love Thai food like we do.

1  Thank Cherayn B
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Not only was this delicious but they also prepared my meal without onions! Perfect! Chicken was tasty and the rice delicious. The portion sizes are huge so share the rice! Price was good too.

1  Thank amoroz65
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Ordered medium heat but it had so much chilli my lips were numb and I couldn't tell if I was eating pork or chicken. I'm not new to Asian dishes and medium is always good elsewhere. A couple of others around the table said the same thing.
Also the waitress cleared everyone else's plates while I was still eating which is poor etiquette.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

First visit today. By 5.30 on Saturday evening the place was already half full with several tables reserved. Good sign! The menu is plain and typewritten but extensive. Our mans were prawns ans pineapple in red curry, cashew chicken and ginger chicken stirfry. All excellent.
One comment a medium here is a little hotter than most thsi restaurants. The service is smooth and prompt sand the prices reasonable
We will be back.