“Always special. ”

Ranked #1 of 213 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: USD 14 - USD 24
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Good honest local cuisine, served in a casual environment.
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Hopgood’s is always a special place to enjoy some of the best food being cooked in New Zealand. The food is amazing. I just wish we could get there more often.

Wine selection is perfect, the menu is always fresh, the staff are always wonderful.

Basically a perfect experience every single time I’ve been there. Keep doing what your doing, and thank you for making birthdays, anniversaries, and date nights special.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Dined here as a couple from out of town this evening. We had the $95 5 course menu each with the wine. The first course was the salmon, which was impeccable! The second course was the scampi which my partner, not being a fan of seafood did not enjoy. The third course was the pork belly, followed by the lamb shoulder and finally desert. An absolute effort from our waitress, a girl from Canada who gave excellent service!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Didn't read the website properly and was very disappointed when we arrived to find that the main menu was not served tonight. I had already chosen my food before I arrived and was really looking forward to the meal. Looking around there were other options but we decided to stay. Thank goodness we did, we had fabulous starters and the sprouts of all things were fantastic. I rarely have lamb, but it was tremendous. The welcome could have been better, I'm sure it normally is, but the food and wine was really, really great. So it turned into a great meal, which... if you are visiting Nelson is really really worth a go!

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Was surprised to reach almost $200 for a couple with no dessert, and limited alcohol but the food and service was superb so would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We were recommended Hopgoods and we are so pleased that we went there and experienced one of the best dining experiences that either of us has ever had. The Chefs tasting 4 course menu with wine matches was just simply amazing. Thank you Hopgoods!