All reviewsdouble roomthe kitchenfree wififoosball tablethe main blockbus stationabel tasmanlate checkfree breakfast in the morningshared bathrooma nice place to staybunk bedslong termminute walktown centrewashing machinesouth island
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We got a double room (only two beds). When we checked in we noticed the trash bin was still full of rubbish, and the sink that’s in the room was all dirty with bread crumbs or whatever was that.

There’s only one shower and one toilet for 15-20 people, which can be pretty annoying when you’re in a hurry to leave or after coming back from a full day of walking and just wants to take a shower and crash.

They do have a small parking lot, but there’s only 7 spots. We didn’t get a chance to park our car in it since it was always full, but no biggie, since it’s pretty safe to park right outside in front of the hostel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We were about 45 mins past last check in but they had left the keys for us so it was easy. The bathroom light was out but the showers are hot and there's even breakfast. Sort of wished there was quiet time as the guests were loud into the night but hey, it's a hostel! All round it wad clean and a nice place to stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy my stay at this hostel. There isn't much of a welcome and the hostel seems to be run by young backpackers.
The kitchen was not in a good state and by the third day I couldn't bear to go in and cook. The kitchen is left in a constant mess by guests, i.e., unwashed dishes, mucky surfaces. They also seem to have a fly problem, so even though there is a free breakfast, it's left uncovered and the flies are all over it.
The communal area for guests is small and a bit dingy.
I stayed in a private room which was fine and much more comfortable than the main block.
Wifi was free and good speed.
The hostel is a good 20 minute walk into town and they no longer offer a drop off/ pick up from bus station as advertised on their website.
This hostel does seem to be weighted more towards the younger traveller.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Stayed there 2 nights and in general it is a nice place worth for the price. They are located within residential area and at 10PM even in the garden they don't let you to sit and talk with your friends. Not talking about any music or loud just sitting with friends and having normal conversation due to other residents around. This is a big minus for me.
They request 20USD deposit for bike usage. For me its OK but kind of unnecessary. I only would like to mention this in case you don't like carrying cash like me please be prepared.
Kitchen is big enough. Bathrooms are clean, internet works fine.
I stayed in a dorm room and they have this electronic number controlled doors so if someone wants to enter in the middle of the night trying to push buttons in the dark and it creates noise. Just a simple key would be better and simpler I believe.
Washing machine could be used only after 4 PM which is another handicap because then you have limited time to hang and dry your clothes, but they have drier which I have used. If you don't want to pay for drier then please also be ready for this.
Location wise I found it fine not far from the supermarket (6-7 mins bike ride one way)
8-10 mins to center.
Overall my stay was comfortable and in general I could recommend just please be careful about the points mentioned above. If those don't bother you then it is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I have to say that the other guest I met staying here were wonderful, but the hostel is a bit disgusting. The rooms and bathrooms were kept clean, but the kitchen was a cesspit. Constant piles of dirty dishes and door left wide open all day with no screen meant insects everywhere! Including cockroaches, ants, spiders and flies. The fridges stink, step back before you open the door! The WiFi was great, and unlimited when it was working. The bunk beds, however, were tiny. Most definitely designed for children. Overall the hostel has a nice vibe, but for comfort and cleanliness, perhaps book something else.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo