“Wonderful food and service”
Review of The Indian Cafe

The Indian Cafe
Ranked #4 of 192 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: USD 4 - USD 22
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Come and visit us for the most authentic taste of Indian cuisine !! Situated right in the heart of the Nelson CBD, our warm and homely surroundings will add to your whole dining experience.
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Great food and great service and reasonable prices. This place always delights. A really great example of how to provide a fantastic, relaxed dining experience.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

This is such a cute restaurant in Nelson. Their patio was so enjoyable on a nice spring evening. Good food and service. It had a great fish masala and mango chicken.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

This was recommended to me by the place I stayed at. Food was delicious and it came surprisingly quickly for Indian fare.

Unfortunately the person serving me was not very knowledgeable about the wine selection and as a consequence, I got served a wine that was way too dry to go with my order.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

They fitted us in on a Friday evening without a booking but I recommend you book as it is very popular.
We had a great meal and the portions were the biggest I have had at an Indian in NZ.
The staff were very friendly and the old house was a lovely atmosphere and looked clean so I definitely recommend this place and will return next time I;m in town

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal. The sauces were a little lighter than normal, which we liked. The meats were extremely tender and the naan breads well cooked and plentiful for the money. The drinks list was limited in terms of by-the-glass wines, but those offered were ok and very well priced. Only issue was the fairly long wait due to high take away orders.