“Simply the best”

Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Oamaru
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After a bad experience at another resturant in Oamaru ( Cucina) we were a little apprehensive about going here. Well, what a difference. The front of house was on the ball, ran an amazing resturant, the food, the service, the atmosphere was great. No surprises that this place has been in business for about18 years (I think) Great selection of food, not overpriced, the fish was sweet and fresh. Book in, you will not be dissapointed.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Very accommodating, tried hard to fit our group in with our last minute booking. Great hospitality. Lovely friendly service. Lovely food. Would definitely come back here again when next visiting!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

On our way south for Ed Sheerans first concert we decided to take a lunch stop in historic Oamaru. We are very glad we found this delightful restaurant in the towns historic quarter.
Right from entering through the door we were very warmly welcomed by all staff. There were three of us and the menu was right up our alley. Good wholesome pub grub.
Two vegetable filo parcels and one blue cod meals ordered, we sat back and took in the atmosphere of this restaurant which has a whole wall of historic wedding photos to browse while you wait. A very interesting talking point. The food arrived and was just what we expected. Looked amazing and tasted just so. Very good sized meals and highly recommend.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Stopped by for dinner whilst staying one night in Oamaru and am so pleased we chose this restaurant. Luckily there was a table available as most were occupied. Our dinners were delicious, the lamb shanks were so tender and tasty, and the beer battered fish just perfect. Sadly we declined the dessert menu but would definitely return. The two waitstaff were lovely and did an excellent job. Nice surroundings, with interesting items to look at.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We went here after reading a number of good reviews but we were incredibly dissapointed.

The setting for the restaurant is quite old fashioned with the feeling that you're at your nans. They did have an interesting wall of photos of marriages that the restaurant has catered.

The food itself was incredibly dissapointing. Both our food was incredibly bland and the worst bit was the poached egg. I asked for a poached egg on top and what arrived was a very sorry looking poached egg that looked quite undercooked. When I cut into the egg however it was so undercooked it was still completely raw in parts. As nobody came over to check how the food was I pushed it to the side and carried on with what was a very bland meal. My partners was equally as bad.

I made the waitress aware of my raw egg and was told that I didn't have to pay for the egg. Never mind the raw egg on the rest of my dish.

A dissapointing visit to say the least.