Review Highlights
Overnight trip to Oamaru with my Sister

Great Cinema, friendly staff, nice fresh popcorn. The screen was a good size, with good sound. The... read more

Reviewed 25 June 2018
evilmatinator
Christchurch, New Zealand
via mobile
Friendly film buffs

Just been to the The Shape of Water. Enjoyable experience with the friendly staff talking... read more

Reviewed 12 March 2018
JohnR9681
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Limelight Cinema was within very easy walking distance of our accommodation while staying in Oamaru. Our penguin tour hadn't finished too late so we went along to watch one of the latest movies. I was pleased to see they sold hot drinks as I was still feeling the cold from the penguin tour BUT the coffee machine wasn't working. Tickets were $15 each which is a bit pricier than what we're used to (we can get into our local cinema for $11 each), however this is a smaller cinema so perhaps they need to charge a little extra. Typically the snacks weren't cheap (it never is at movie theatres).
There are four theatres, we weren't given a seat allocation so could sit wherever we liked. There were some couches up the back but they looked like they had seen better days.
The screen and sound system were fine. The one staff member we dealt with was nice and polite.
Most definitely not the best movie theatre I've visited, however it filled in a few hours.