“GOOD FOOD AT REALISTIC PRICE”
Review of Bar & Baa

Bar & Baa
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Mangere
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We approached this restaurant for a quick dinner with some misgivings after some of the reviews....however, we were more than pleased with the service and the quality of the food. If you expect posh with silver service and gourmet food go somewhere in the heart of Auckland. If you want a friendly and welcoming, clean and efficient restaurant with good food this is a good spot to go. Bob was a welcoming and efficient front of house. The oysters (Oronga - for anybody who knows Pacific Oyster producers) au naturale were sweet, fresh and juicy. The pork spit roast with fresh and crunchy steamed veges and yummy ratatoullie, and very fresh and tasty salad was a substantial and healthy main course. The house wines had good labels. Total bill including 2 wines, 4 Steinlager Classics, 6 au naturale oysters, 2 pork spit roast & vege mains, just over $NZ100. We would certainly eat there again to and from the airport,

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We were invited in a little agressively as we were trying to have a look at the menu. We ordered the seafood platter and enjoyed the food. The servers were friendly but mixed up our drinks twice. Happy we left the hotel, just a couple of suggestions to make us more comfortable.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

ok, we thought will give it go cos the prices were good on the outdoor board, food was horrible, saturated in oil, seemed like everthing was mixed together and slapped on the plate, grrrr, we told the person at the bar it was not good, he replied shockingy that the meal we ordered is the most popular ? lol, your delirious mate ..

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I got the roasted lamb with mint sauce and it was disgusting. It had some nasty gravy on it that was not what the menu described and the lamb was tough. My husband ate my dinner because I didn't want it. The fries were good, and my Pina colada was decent. But skip the "garlic bread" when it's offered to you. It's just a hamburger bun with garlic butter on it.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

What appealed to us for this restaurant was the fact that they picked you up from the hotel then returned you back after your meal. I had the surf and turf and thought it rather pricey for what you got. It came out on a sizzling plate with a small salad, only 3 prawns that were supposed to be garlic and by the time you finished the steak it was way over cooked. I think a better way to serve it would be better.