All reviews free mini bar quirky hotel bird cage refurbished hotel tui bird netflix account eye catching cans of soft drink continental style fish dinner aloe vera rainfall shower head lovely bath main lounge the main areas economy room free fast wifi
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Beautifully refurbished hotel styled in very contemporary and luxurious way. Fabulous art and lighting, very comfortable bedding and lovely bathroom. Close to the airport so perfect if your flight gets in late or you are flying out early the following morning.

However... the F&B operation is not great. We ate dinner from their menu and our food was just okay. Absolutely nothing special and the menu options were really limited. No starters to speak of, just main courses and desserts. For breakfast the cold options were pretty good but the hot options were luke warm and not of particularly great quality. Coffee is served from a pump flask and is the watered down American style brew that so many hotels offer. You have to pay extra for a properly made Long Black - pretty poor in a hotel pertaining to be 5*.

Service was super friendly but just a bit too relaxed. Maybe that fits the younger target audience but for us 40 & 50 somethings, a bit more formal would be preferable! Also not sure about the humour they have tried to inject into their design - the sign for the bathroom by the lobby bar read “Sh*t & Giggles”... I mean really?!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Nusaiba A, Rooms Division Manager at Naumi Hotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Naumi says..."Everyday this queen gets better"

Dear James B,

I appreciate the feedback you shared with us, a lot. We are in the process of rolling out a brand new menu and working very hard to further enhance our breakfast experience. I understand however that each individual has personal preferences especially when it comes to coffee, so the idea is freshly brewed coffee on buffet service and a stand-by barista for specific espresso style coffees for the other type of connoisseurs ;)

I understand as well that the concept and culture of the hotel maybe be slightly different to the rest of the NZ market and perhaps new. I do apologies if you found the signage around the hotel to be a little much!

I am thrilled though, that you loved the luxurious designs, all the art and décor, and most importantly, the comfort of the beds :)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Beware shuttle. Need to use yellow bus as hotels doesn’t run at weekends. We were not told that (despite asking) and waited for the shuttle to come which never arrived. Otherwise extremely helpful and courteous. Bedroom doors could be better sound proofed. Would use again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nusaiba A, Rooms Division Manager at Naumi Hotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Naumi says..."I don't chase, I'm the catch!"

Dear deebeebee,

I really appreciate your feedback, it plays a big role when planning service enhancements. Our priority is guest's comfort and convenience.

Our complimentary shuttle has recently been introduced and we are planning to extend this service to the weekends and on a more frequent schedule in the near future as well.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel has some great attributes, comfortable beds lovely bath towels free mini bar. Helpful staff. But I’m afraid it’s style over substance here. The bathroom in our room flooded- 1cm of water over the whole floor so if you use the toilet you have wet feet then walk them out through the hotel. The staff know about the problem yet charge full price (nz$350) nor do they supply additional towels to soak up the water. Air conditioners highly inefficient our room didn’t get below 25oC ( on a relatively mild evening) The rooms are not soundproofed from the road either. Airport hotels are about a good night’s sleep. Credit to the staff for trying to make amends but if you’re after a comfortable stay before or after a flight I’d seek alternative places.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Nusaiba A, Rooms Division Manager at Naumi Hotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Naumi says..."Behind the clouds, the sun is shining."

Dear sjw25,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. As you have rightly pointed out, we are aware of the shower issue in some of our rooms, and currently undergoing a retiling plan, a handful of rooms to go and it is all complete!
I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused during your stay.

As Naumi is a relatively new hotel, the enhancement programs are continuously evolving and I do hope that the next time you stay with us your experience is nothing short of perfect.

Please feel free to get in touch with myself directly for any future bookings and I will personally ensure that you have a wonderful and comfortable stay.

rdmnz@naumihotels.com

Reviewed 31 March 2018

One of the most beautiful Hotels we stayed in Auckland was the” Naumi Auckland Airport Hotel” The property is inspired by New Zealand's native Tui bird.
Naumi Auckland Airport is just 3 km from Auckland Airport and Auckland’s CBD is an 18-minute drive away.
A luxurious accommodation and stylish rooms, surrounded by quiet gardens and small swimming pool seems to the basic ingredients which make the stay comfortable. The chirping of the birds and the vast pure blue sky with a fitness centre and Asian-influenced restaurant add to the comfort.
The spacious rooms at the property boasts private patios and each room is equipped with a Smart flat-screen TV which has many satellite channels and a Netflix channel.But do we need it really in this wonderful place?? Free unlimited WiFi across multiple devices is also featured in the rooms which adds to stay connected.
The on-site restaurant features an extensive à la carte menu, featuring Asian fusion cuisine. The bar offers signature cocktails, house beer and a range of snacks .The chef are highly talented and courteous .They are eager to listen to the suggestions and the improvements. The décor of the restaurant is awesome.
One of the remarkable things which I noticed was “the connect”, Naumi Auckland Airport Hotel tries to have with its travellers .Often you come across with words which try to grab your attention when you focus your eyes to “Naumi says……” These are the things which appeals to you and adds to build a new bond with the traveller.

Maybe it is the traveller who would vow silently to be at the same place in the near future and strike a new conversation with this awesome hotel!!!

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room facing the pool and the beautiful garden which has a real small golf track!!!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Nusaiba A, Rooms Division Manager. at Naumi Hotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Naumi says..."What's your name? Can I call you mine?"

Dear dryogesh,

The eye for detail you have is remarkable! Thank you for such a wonderful review.

Indeed the Naumi Auckland hotel is designed with the thought of the Native New Zealand Tui Bird in mind, whilst the rest of the decor unravels an exciting unspoken story.

Our services are forever evolving to understand the traveller, we believe first class services and understanding our guests as individuals are extremely essential to deliver the best experience possible.

We can't wait to see you again and share with you all the exciting news of Naumi's world! :)

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This is by far the most interesting hotel either of us have been to. Free mini bar (yes, it’s free!), aloe vera shots on arrival and the best buffet breakfast one could ask for including some sparkling wine. I was initially sold on the nearness to the airport and the bathtub (I love bathtubs!) but it was so much more. The decor is different, eye catching and intriguing and the hotel has a lovely little story to uncover. We thoroughly loved our stay!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Naumi says..."Mama said, darling follow your dreams. Soooo..can I walk you home?"

Dear Nadia T,

It's an honour that you call us the BEST! I can completely relate to your love for bathtubs :) there's something extremely de-stressing about them, let alone, a uniquely designed deep tub!

I'd just like to share with you that we now also offer complimentary airport shuttle to and from the hotel, even though it 's close, Naumi just loves to give a little extra ;)