“Never Again”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Okay so my family and I had just landed after two days of overseas travelling and we were quite hungry. We surprisingly saw a dominos pamphlet in our motel room and we thought well they deliver so let's order there. So I called them and the person picks up and I very clearly state what we wanted to order but somehow the person keeps on mucking up. I tell her two Cheesy Garlic pizzas and she thought garlic bread. I tell her cheesy crust and she thought extra cheese. And then without even confirming the order again after me correcting her for the third time or even telling me the total price she just said 15 minutes wait and hung up. We still had a handful amount of NZ cash and at this point we were quite hungry to care how much it was going to cost.

So after 45 minutes of the pizza not arriving my parents suggest that I phone them again (since we're all starving at this point as it's like 9:15 and I ordered the pizza at 8:30) so I do and then another woman picks up who hands it to the manager (I think) who then proceeds to tell me that the order was never lodged. So then I reorder my 4 pizzas and I'm told it's $35 which seems reasonable enough since cheesy crust costs like $5. Then I'm told that in 15 minutes our order will arrive.

It arrived 25-30 minutes later (by this time it was 10 pm) and the deliverer only arrived with 3 Pizzas, not 4 and still charged me $35. But at this point I was too tired and fed up with their service so I just paid whatever and just had the pizza since I had been waiting 1 and 1/2 hours for it.

Sure go in and eat from this Dominos but never deliver from them.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I was staying at Oakwood Manor - the food was awful so I ordered Domino's. Delivery worth waiting for as pizza was good. Chips could have been hotter though.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 28 April 2017

You can count on Domino's to be the same pizza, and the same friendly and quick service anywhere you find Domino's. Which of course is almost everywhere. This one is conveniently located at the Mangere Town Centre.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Picked up a pizza at restaurant. It was quick and hot. Staff were friendly. They have 7 pizzas for $5 which is a good deal.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 3 September 2016

This is what I posted to Dominos NZ facebook page. Pretty much sums it up.

Well...what an experience that was. Saturday night 27/8 and I was tucked up in room 828 of the BK Pioneer Motor Lodge in Mangere (205 Kirkbride Road), before flying out to Australia the next day. I was about to settle in to watch the All Blacks flog Australia in the second Bledisloe Cup match and I was thinking about what I should have for dinner. The options were sparse so I chose Dominos.
I had the Dominos app on my iPad so I figured I could just use that. But no dice. Must be only for Australia. So I went to the dominos NZ website and ordered through that.
All was going well until the website told me that the order had been completed and delivered. Which was kinda strange as I was still sitting in my room sans pizza, dutch pancakes, and drink. So I called the store..."Please give the driver another 10-15 mins" Well...ok then. So it took about 40 mins for my dinner to arrive..from ordering. Not too bad I s'pose given there was a major footy match on that night. But what happened next floored me.
The driver handed me this little cardboard container which was supposed to be holding my 12 dutch pancakes. However, it only had two in there. The other 10 were floating around in the hot cell bag. No worries for the driver. He just reached out and scrummaged around for the other 10 and dropped them into the container I was holding...with his bare hands. I just stood there incredulous thinking...'You have got to be %@*#%^$# kidding me'.
Then he left and I sat down to enjoy my pizza (I had tossed the dutch pancakes away by then). I had ordered a meatlovers with extra toppings, a cheesy crust, and creme fraiche base. I'm glad I ordered the extra toppings...cos I am fairly confidant had I not...my pizza wouldn't have had anything on it at all. Fair dinkum...if someone orders extra toppings....PUT EXTRA TOPPINGS on it!! However, the BBQ sauce swirled over the top of my pizza really annoyed me. I didn't ask for BBQ sauce, and specifically requested creme fraiche..which appeared to be missing also. Quite frankly...the only item I ordered that wasn't completely buggered up was the big fizz fresh up. Probably because that comes pre made and pre packaged and therefore is unlikely to be problematic.
I spent around $36 dollars with your Mangere store and had to throw my dessert away and eat a pizza that was very below par. And wash it down with a drink that thankfully you couldn't possibly have screwed up.

Date of visit: August 2016