4,927 results
All reviews international terminal across the road auckland airport an early morning flight next morning new zealand buffet breakfast long flight comfortable bed convenient location arriving late between flights rental car wake up call stayed one night an overnight stay runway
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay if you have an early flight or arrive late. The restaurant is also great for dinner. Rooms are lovely and have no compliant as about this hotel. Breakfast starts at 5am so also good to know if you have an early flight.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Novotel A, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Kia Ora,

Thank you for sharing your experience - I'm thrilled that you loved both room and dining experiences. We appreciate you highlighting the early start time for our breakfast buffet, allowing our early departing guests to grab a bite before jetting away.

Please come and see us again!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Handy to airport for overnight stay for flight connections. Buffet breakfast amazing. Quiet on upper floors and great view. Had room service for dinner. Portions not large and tray service fee was a surprise - did not see this extra charge listed. Otherwise all pleasant.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Kia Ora Judy,

Thank you for coming to stay with us - I'm so pleased that you loved our location, found the room to be wonderfully quiet, and thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast offering.

I'm really sorry that the In Room Dining didn't hit the same highs. I do trust you raised the portion size disappointment with the team on the meal check call; we want to ensure that our guests are always happy with what they've received and that we put right anything that is less than perfect. I'm sorry too that you'd not been aware of the tray charge on these deliveries - we note this on each page of our In Room menu; I'll have a look at these to ensure it's clear enough.

We'd love to welcome you back!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have stayed in several airport hotels over the years, but this hotel has to rate as the finest we have ever enjoyed. We were booked for one night here before starting our long haul back to England. We had spent the previous week in Rarotonga, Cook Islands, and only wanted to take hand luggage. The hotel was very happy to store our large suitcases for the week we were away, without charge. We felt this was one of the nicest things that any hotel has offered to do, and saved us so much hassle. On our return from Rarotonga, we checked in here, ans our suitcases were found within minutes. Our room was superb in every respect. Modern, stylish and very, very comfortable. We had dinner here, and it was as good as you could get. The same thing for breakfast. A superb buffet of everything you could desire, all perfectly presented. One of the beauties of the Novotel is that on exiting the main doors, an escalator into the terminal in only a few metres away. A perfectly sited perfect hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank shjig
Novotel A, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Kia Ora,

What a delight to read your review and to know that your experience of Our Place was such a wonderful one. It's terrific that this started well before arrival, with you appreciating the ability to leave bags with us. I'm thrilled that you loved both the room in which you stayed and our breakfast offering to start your day of travelling off well. Lovely too that our location made the beginning of that journey such a breeze.

It's a long way to come but we'd really love to welcome you back!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Due to a small change in itinerary, arriving one day later, I needed to make 5 phone calls to the hotel to get a verbal confirmation of the change but never received a confirmation e-mail although they claim 3 had been sent. By the way, central Accor reservations keep separate records from the hotel and they can be different - be warned. My email address was right somewhere because I received at least one email before the requested change. At check in I confirmed that breakfast was included in the rate (I checked twice) and stated I did NOT want a wake up call. We looked at the restaurant and room service menu but decided to eat the airport across the road. We had a nice meal for half the price of the hotel. At 5am the next morning we got an alarm call - which I declined at check-in. Didn't sleep properly after that. Eventually went for breakfast but was told breakfast was not included (remember I checked twice at check-in that it was). After some negotiation and producing a confirmation e-mail showing it was included they let us have breakfast. We went back to the room and I later went back out again to check flight details. On the way back my key card no longer worked so I couldn't get access to my floor and room. The concierge gave me a new card but unfortunately joked it was time I left. Overall, too many silly things went wrong contributing to a feeling that we weren't welcome. I'd suggest going somewhere else.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Novotel A, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Kia Ora Andy,

I was so appreciative of the direct communication you made with us/me and thank you for sharing the experience here. We want every experience to be amazing but we certainly do seek betterment from any situation where things haven't gone perfectly...

I want to reaffirm to you my apology that this stay was the latter and I do hope that we'll have the chance to welcome you again for a stay that leaves a pleasant memory for you. I'll look forward to getting word from you at such time.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

When:
Monday 19 March to Friday 23 March 2018
Why:
Traveling to Auckland for business
Pros:
This is a great option for travel to Auckland. Convenient to airport for a late arrival into Auckland, literally 15 minutes from exiting the aircraft to my room. Travel from here into Ellerslie is quicker than from Auckland in traffic. Great food court in airport for cheaper fast food options. Rooms are clean and spacious enough for 1 or 2 people. Desk area is adequate to work on. Sound proofing is great with no airport noise
Cons:
A direct runway view is not really available like similar airport hotels I have stayed at around the world.
Tip/Comment:
If you stay here and hire a car from the airport hire car companies hire a car each day and return it each night. This way you save on parking costs and even though the longer rentals are cheaper it turns out cheaper to rent a car on a daily rate then pay for parking through the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Trusstytraveller

Kia Ora,

Thank you or coming to stay with us across your several days in Auckland. It's terrific that our location suited you not only for ease of access to the airport but also for a straight forward commute across town. I'm thrilled that the room was a good fit for purpose and that you appreciated the quiet space it offered.

We hope that your travels will see you back on our doorstep again!