Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
au_traveller_77
Melbourne, Australia

Spotlessly clean and convenient motel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Oct 2019via mobile
Have stayed here twice so far this year. Service is friendly from the family that run this motel. I would rate it 4.5 stars out of 5 in terms of luxury rating — much better than the average country motels (which are usually run down, tired and a bit shabby).

Clearly this place has been recently renovated and it shows. Reverse cycle Fujitsu air cons in each room is handy. The bathrooms are a bit sparse but again are clean. Close to amenities including a McDonalds and two medical centres (in the unfortunate even you become unwell).

In case you don’t notice the big signs in the room, do NOT clean your fish in the room! The owners won’t be happy (for good reason) and you will be hit with a huge cleaning bill.

Would definitely stay again and recommend to others!
Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Julie W, Owner at Victoria Lodge Motor Inn, responded to this review
Responded 11 Oct 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us and look forward to seeing you again.
AU$230
1.0 km from Victoria Lodge Motor Inn
    AU$104
1.3 km from Victoria Lodge Motor Inn
View more hotels in Portland
All reviews bed was comfortable convenient motel helpful reception amenities including relaxing night spa bath reverse cycle clean rooms windscreen accommodation luxury microwave harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2019

Our room was styled as an executive twin. It was provided with a Queen-size bed and a single bed. The Air conditioner directed its airflow directly onto the QS bed with no setting making it do otherwise. Even on a 17degreesC setting, it started up approx every 15 minutes when the ambient temperature was 11 degreesC. The room was very large but the television screen was placed at a considerable angle from the 2.5 seater-settee, mounted on a wall-bracket but with no ability to rotate it to a better direction. The operators were quite unfriendly and unable to give clear direction to a number of locations in town. On the second day, no milk was put into the room, requiring a walk at breakfast time in heavy rain to reception. The room needs a complete makeover as its style is quite dated and awkward and does not provide a proper flow. The bathroom is well-outdated.with poor quality soap and minimal quantity of shampoo/conditioner.bodywash being provided.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Julie W, Owner at Victoria Lodge Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2019

John – thank you for your feedback. I have to disagree with everything you say. The instructions for the air-conditioner/heater was in the compendium where it tells you how to change from cooling to heating, airflow and fan modes. The machine clicks in when the temperature drops below what you have set it on. I apologised for the cleaners missing the milk but all you had to do was dial 9 to contact us or walk under the verandah, you didn’t need to go out in the rain. All our toiletries are from the Spa range and replenished every day. You can see our 42” TV from anywhere in the room. I am not rude to my guests - I treat them as they treat me and it was you that walked out on me when I was trying to give you instructions to the laundrette as requested by you. It is lucky everyone is not the same as I often get comments on how great that room is.

Reviewed 12 April 2019

Recently my husband and I spent 2 nights at this Motor Inn. Our room was very spacious. It was very clean and smelt lovely. The decor was pretty. The bathroom was also very big which is always a bonus. Julie was very helpful and friendly when we checked in. Made us feel comfortable right away. It is located opposite a McDonald's which is good for a quick breakfast. It takes only 15 minutes to walk into the Town to the restaurants and Cafes. We would certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsBling2013
Julie W, Owner at Victoria Lodge Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 10 April 2019 via mobile

I had a big day. Didn't get here till 10.30pm. It was a cold night. Opened the door and the hosts had thoughtfully put the heating on. Love staying here. Clean, comfortable and accommodating. Thank you V Pullen

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Julie W, Owner at Victoria Lodge Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2019

Hi Vicky
Thank you for your feedback. We enjoy having you stay with us.

Reviewed 9 January 2019 via mobile

Room was very clean, tidy and so comfortable. No complaints at all. Bathroom was immaculate and the bed was amazing. Highly recommend.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Would definitely stay again!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Julie W, Owner at Victoria Lodge Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed staying with us.

Reviewed 4 January 2019

Wouldn't go here unless you want the creepy old owner unlocking your door whenever he wants and coming in to your room which happened on my second day. According to them, they have been doing it for 25 years, walking in on people sleeping many times and whatever else and no plans to change. They do this despite not providing a "Do not disturb" sign (therefore giving you your privacy), and even go against their own conditions in a booklet they provide saying 'Housekeeping will only enter on the fifth day of your stay for cleaning'... Nah, an old guy walks in on the second day while your sleeping. Got the whole argument that followed on video as well, so whatever ridiculous response they try to conjure up to cover themselves, I'm happy to post the evidence of the man stating everything exactly as I've written above while yelling at us outside the apartment. Horrible experience to be woken up with a fright because someone has just unlocked the door and let themselves in and a first in the many motels/hotels I've stayed in and enjoyed. Plenty other places in Portland that will respect your privacy!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank karlibebb
Julie W, Owner at Victoria Lodge Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2019

What a wonderful story without stating any facts of what happened other than your unrelenting harassment, provoking and goading while the two of you were following me around the motel trying to get me to react, which of course I eventually did.

There are tasks in the motel industry which requires going into rooms, eg checking mini-bar, bed turn-down, replacing TV guides, Foxtel guides, tourist information etc as a routine, which you argued that no other hotel or motel does. I don’t know one that doesn’t.

Every Tuesday we replace the TV guides and the first of the month we change the Foxtel guides in all rooms. On 1st January after we finished cleaning for the day at 1:00pm, myself and other housekeeping staff went from room to room distributing TV and Foxtel guides. Of course we do not just walk into rooms as you state we do. We have a policy to knock twice and if no reply, as we enter, we yell “housekeeping” so you can reply not to come in. This is a standard practice in any hotel/motel that I have worked in over the past 25 years.

Of course we provide “Do Not Disturb” signs and also a chain on every door for your security.

So after knocking twice and yelling Housekeeping on entry with no response I proceeded to the folder to replace the old guides with the new ones as you came into the lounge room and asked what was going on. I apologised for being there and disturbing you and explained that I was changing the guides after no response. But with the tirade that followed there was no reasoning with you. As I said I profoundly apologised for disturbing you but I do not apologise for doing my job.

Then later while working outside you and your partner started harassing, provoking and baiting me, suggesting I was there for anything else other than doing my job. I noticed you fiddling with your phone, not realising you were actually recording everything without my knowledge. How disgraceful, no wonder you kept up with the harassment.

You then followed me to the office and kept the harassment going until the only way we could stop you was to ring the police. Of course you failed to mention this or the response from them “that it was unfortunate that you did not answer the door and that we were only doing what we needed to do to run a business such as ours”.

I wonder if you would have been the first to complain if things were out of date in your room.

With no Do Not Disturb sign, no chain across the door, no answer to two knocks I don’t know what more I could have been done to allow me to carry out my task. If you came to the door I would have just handed you the new guides.

We take great pride in the way we have professionally ran our businesses over the years and we are now placing this matter with our solicitors for further action.