Hotels.com
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Karli

Owners abuse use of master key and walk into your room unannounced.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Jan 2019
Wouldn't go here unless you want the creepy old owner unlocking your door whenever he wants and coming in to your room which happened on my second day. According to them, they have been doing it for 25 years, walking in on people sleeping many times and whatever else and no plans to change. They do this despite not providing a "Do not disturb" sign (therefore giving you your privacy), and even go against their own conditions in a booklet they provide saying 'Housekeeping will only enter on the fifth day of your stay for cleaning'... Nah, an old guy walks in on the second day while your sleeping. Got the whole argument that followed on video as well, so whatever ridiculous response they try to conjure up to cover themselves, I'm happy to post the evidence of the man stating everything exactly as I've written above while yelling at us outside the apartment. Horrible experience to be woken up with a fright because someone has just unlocked the door and let themselves in and a first in the many motels/hotels I've stayed in and enjoyed. Plenty other places in Portland that will respect your privacy!
Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
1.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Julie W, Owner at Victoria Lodge Motor Inn, responded to this review
Responded 15 Jan 2019
What a wonderful story without stating any facts of what happened other than your unrelenting harassment, provoking and goading while the two of you were following me around the motel trying to get me to react, which of course I eventually did.

There are tasks in the motel industry which requires going into rooms, eg checking mini-bar, bed turn-down, replacing TV guides, Foxtel guides, tourist information etc as a routine, which you argued that no other hotel or motel does. I don’t know one that doesn’t.

Every Tuesday we replace the TV guides and the first of the month we change the Foxtel guides in all rooms. On 1st January after we finished cleaning for the day at 1:00pm, myself and other housekeeping staff went from room to room distributing TV and Foxtel guides. Of course we do not just walk into rooms as you state we do. We have a policy to knock twice and if no reply, as we enter, we yell “housekeeping” so you can reply not to come in. This is a standard practice in any hotel/motel that I have worked in over the past 25 years.

Of course we provide “Do Not Disturb” signs and also a chain on every door for your security.

So after knocking twice and yelling Housekeeping on entry with no response I proceeded to the folder to replace the old guides with the new ones as you came into the lounge room and asked what was going on. I apologised for being there and disturbing you and explained that I was changing the guides after no response. But with the tirade that followed there was no reasoning with you. As I said I profoundly apologised for disturbing you but I do not apologise for doing my job.

Then later while working outside you and your partner started harassing, provoking and baiting me, suggesting I was there for anything else other than doing my job. I noticed you fiddling with your phone, not realising you were actually recording everything without my knowledge. How disgraceful, no wonder you kept up with the harassment.

You then followed me to the office and kept the harassment going until the only way we could stop you was to ring the police. Of course you failed to mention this or the response from them “that it was unfortunate that you did not answer the door and that we were only doing what we needed to do to run a business such as ours”.

I wonder if you would have been the first to complain if things were out of date in your room.

With no Do Not Disturb sign, no chain across the door, no answer to two knocks I don’t know what more I could have been done to allow me to carry out my task. If you came to the door I would have just handed you the new guides.

We take great pride in the way we have professionally ran our businesses over the years and we are now placing this matter with our solicitors for further action.
  • Official Site
Sunrise Cottage Bedroom
  • Lol.travel
11.2 km from Victoria Lodge Motor Inn
View more hotels in Portland
All reviews bed was comfortable convenient motel helpful reception amenities including relaxing night spa bath reverse cycle clean rooms windscreen accommodation luxury microwave harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Not sure where they got 4 stars from. Room facilities left a lot to be desired. Booked a room for two people, only one face washer; mould all over the ceiling in the bathroom, light fittings and towel fittings were all rusty, skylight cavity was so caked in mould you couldn’t see the paint; covers missing off the spa jets; heater in the room wasn’t working properly; went to make two cuppa’s and there were only 3 sachets of sugar. Definitely not executive spa suite level. Disappointed. Hope things improve.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scooter7885
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We stayed for two days during a very cold spell but the unit was lovely and cosy. It was clean, comfortable and we would definitely stay again. Handy to shops on a main road but very quiet. Highly recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Julie W, Owner at Victoria Lodge Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback.. We are really in winter at the moment.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This is a comfortable hotel at a reasonable price. We only had an over night stay here but we were warmly welcomed by our hosts who was up for a chat especially with a fellow Richmond fan. The room was spacious with all the amenities you would expect from a hotel. The fridge was stocked with alcohol and soft drinks and a basket with wine and chocolates at a small cost. The bathroom was large and the shower had good water pressure and hot. The bed was comfortable although a little on the soft side. The heater was effective and kept the room nice and warm on a cold evening.It was a nice touch to see a bucket of water and squeegee outside to was the windscreen of your car

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feed back - we try to have the little extras for our guests.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable bed, nice hot shower, and very friendly obliging owners.

I stay at quite a few motels because if my work and this one has been one of the best.

The rooms are not contemporary, the but everything is neat and works.
The bed is one of the best I've ever had at a motel! The sheets and doona appeared to be brand new.
The heater was on when I arrived. Which is something I really like, as I often get in late, and it was an especially cold windy night.
Breakfast was as promised and on time.
The shower had plenty of water pressure and was beautiful and hot.

Will definatly be staying here again next time.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Matt
Great you enjoyed your stay - we look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and were very happy. Yes there are a few little things that could be improved but overall it was a wonderful stay. It had everything we needed and surprisingly quiet for being on he main road.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Nikki

We are happy you had a good time. I would have liked it if you told me of the few little things that needs attention, so we could get to them straight away. Thanks for your feedback.