Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
ozztravellers987

Worth another visit.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Mar 2024
Our glorious room was a joy with a magnificent bathroom. Staff all great. Food downstairs was 100% fantastic. Locals call it the MAC as that was the original name. Service at all times was utterly perfect.
Restaurant downstairs is so popular with locals that we came to realize that it was better to book a table in advance
Date of stay: October 2023
Room Tip: views of the sea were excellent from our upstairs room. Our room was very spacious
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    AU$158
    AU$157
4.4 km from Quality Hotel Bentinck
Free parking
The most disgusting motel I have ever had the unfortunate experience of staying at! !!
No prepayment needed
  • Vio.com
0.9 km from Quality Hotel Bentinck
View more hotels in Portland
All reviews no lift third floor historic hotel perfect in every way bed was very comfortable room was large stayed nights place to stay luggage accommodation bluestone mac characters era victorian bay seafront
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2024

We stayed at this hotel whilst travelling the Great ocean Road. It is an older hotel but the room we were given was absolutely lovely. The room was large and comfortable as was the bathroom. We also ate in the hotel in the evening. The meals we had were delicious, my steak was tender and succulent. A continental breakfast was included in the price of the room - fruit, cereals, yoghurt, toast and drinks. Plenty to keep us going for the rest of the day. I can't recommend this hotel too highly

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2023

Stayed 2 nights when visiting Portland recently and was very impressed with the standard of our room. We had one of the large rooms on the first floor over looking the seafront. Beautiful room, very spacious and had a good range of items in the mini bar plus good choice of complementary hot drinks and biscuits, including a nespresso machine and pods.
They room price includes a nice continental breakfast in the dining room, cereal toast and hot drinks plus juice. The lady serving breakfast was lovely. Hot breakfast can be ordered and paid if you wish.
The hotel is not cheap, but it is very nice and is in a good spot, with parking too. There is a very good restaurant next door called Clock by the Bay, and you can get a decent pub meal at the hotel too. I would stay again for sure. Only warning - no lift so if you can't manage a staircase, this is not the place for you.

Room tip: You need to be able to use the stairs as there is no lift.
Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2023

without doubt this is the BEST place to stay in Portland AND the BEST place for meals. Locals all call it the MAC hotel. I nearly could not find it as I was looking for a " hotel Bentinck". Thank goodness the taxi driver - excellent and well informed and originally from Scotland - was well aware of the correct place I had prebooked after I described what I had read about the said hotel. On day two I realised I had not packed a warm enough cardigan or jumper. A well informed taxi driver found me a lovely shop where I was able to find a charming soft jumper and a similarly soft and warm cardigan. The same taxi driver took me on a tour of Portland at my request and his knowledge of Portland was extensive. I was able to visit the great annual display of Dahlias on the Saturday and the Sunday - .created by the Portland Dahlia society. It was the best Dahlia show I have ever attended in Australia - very well run in an airy big hall with a sale of dahlia flower stems in bloom and potted dahlias for sale. My room at the MAC hotel was gorgeous with sea views and one wall of bluestone in both bedroom and bathroom. Restaurant was full every night and no wonder - food and service perfect in every way. Michael in the restaurant was excellent - with good advice and a great ambassador for Portland. Lovely housekeeping staff at the MAC were very kind, professional and pleasant and discreetly kept my room spotless - every time I returned to the MAC I found my room perfect. I had plenty of hanging space for clothing. Bed was perfect as was the temperature in my room. very nice writing paper and envelopes in a drawer in my room. Also well stocked fridge and lovely toiletries in bathroom. I looked around the town during several walks and MAC hotel was clearly the STAR venue - coupled with good advice from the front desk and the two well informed taxi drivers - so I was able to discover far more than if I had not been able to hear their wisdom and their advice

Room tip: Room tip: just tell the driver that you want the MAC Hotel - that is what all the locals call it There is a gym on site too.
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank P8745FPsuzannem
Reviewed 15 February 2023

so accommodating the staff were very helpful and approachable. My dates were confused on my behalf but not once was it an issue. The accommodation was comfortable and the staff made the experience great. The food was average but all in all great stay

Date of stay: February 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2023

My wife and I were recently in Portland, Victoria Australia. The Quality Hotel is three floors and does not have an elevator. My wife has a very hard time with steps and they had put us on the third floor. I asked for a first floor room and they said they did not have one left. A manager near the front desk told the desk clerk the Presidential Suite was available. That sounded great, but it was twice the rate. She said give it to him at the standard rate. That was Great! She did not have to do that, it was around 7:00 PM so it probably would not have rented but to give it to us at the standard rate was a really nice gesture and one that was really appreciated. The room lived up to the name. The woodwork was beautiful, the furnishings exquisite, the bathroom had a wonderful huge tub. I would highly recommend this place just for this jester alone.

Date of stay: October 2022