Quality Hotel Bentinck
Victoria Lodge Motor Inn(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 89
Mariner Motel(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 66
Admella Motel(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 70
Comfort Inn Richmond Henty(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 127
USD 122
Melaleuca Motel(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 96
USD 74
Portland Retro Motel(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 66
Victoria House(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 93
USD 139
TripAdvisor
USD 87
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmodern roomsno lifttop floorold stylelovely townbusiness tripbed was comfortableharbouraccommodationluggageyesterdayadelaidemotelforeshorebonuscharacter
Reviewed 28 May 2017

To book into this hotel the booking and key allocation happens in the bar. So we had to wait in the bar while the local "inbreds" were watching their Saturday football. They couldn't help but make insulting comments about us. Not particularly welcoming.

We asked at the visitor centre for something with character and paid extra to stay here. We didn't realise that the local rabble came as a bonus

I'd give this hotel and the town a miss if we ever pass thru this part of Victoria again. Stay at Port Fairy - its lovely

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Robert H, Manager at Quality Hotel Bentinck, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

I am sorry that you were not happy with our check in process. I can only presume that you arrived in a period where our reception area was unmanned due to the Reception staff member having a break.

As for the rest of your review I will not comment on your remarks which are unwarranted.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Been staying here for business since 2014 and can't go anywhere else as the Staff, Accommodation, Fine food and Location is in my books 5 star Hospitality at its best.
Late yesterday whilst driving across Victoria for work doing a late job tried calling to grab a room but phone coverage was poor so just turned up.
As they were busy and fitted me in no problems.
All the staff just makes one feel at home and nothing is a problem to them. I finished my work and decided to eat in the main bar as the Dory for main, some fresh oysters and a bottle of sav blanc all was excellent and very reasonably priced all while watching the footy before the live music started......
Mmmmmmmmmm 9 out of 10
And thanks for a great relaxing night after driving all day.
Thanks for your great friendly hospitality Especially Meagan and Deb. who always can't do enough for their guests!!!
I would not hesitate to recommend this fine established hotel for overnight or a holiday.
Cheers

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Stayed for a night in April 2017 on business. The hotel itself has a reasonable amount of charm. The rooms are sizeable and comfortable.
Dinner in the downstairs restaurant was a pleasant enough experience (smoked salmon risotto, which was enjoyable), but the continental breakfast was pretty limited.
I had a slightly worrying experience when I returned to my room after dinner, only to hear an extremely loud 'Irish' band strike up. My room was directly above the band, and it was very, very loud. I went and asked Reception when they were due to finish and was told no later than 10pm, which was absolutely correct - so no problem, although if I'd been trying to work in the room or if it had continued past 10 then it would have been a pretty disruptive experience!
I'm heading back to Portland on a business trip next week and will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the bar/band as possible.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Grand mid-1800s hotel with so acious room with gracious decor, wifi, flatscreen TV, mini fridge, electric water kettle for tea, fabulous bed and modern ensuite. Easy free parking.

.Welcoming and accommodating reception staff. Lovely expansive breakfast spread. Easy walk to harbor side.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2017

As we drove up, I think both my wife and I wondered if we had made a mistake. As soon as we entered, we knew we hadn't. The Quality Hotel ( or Mac) is an orgininal Victorian era hotel that has retained its look and feel, but the modern rooms are spacious and well equipped. Our room, 27, was large, with a good size spa bath and separate shower.

The restaurant had one of the widest range of choice I have ever seen in a hotel.. we broke our rule of not eating the hotel restaurant and used it both nights.

Our only slightly negative comment is there is a disco in the attached bar of Fridays and Saturdays and as our room was close, we were kept awake past midnight by very loud music.

Room Tip: If you don't like loud music playing where you sleep, avoid Friday and saturday nights over the bar.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple