Lowest prices for your stay
AU$125
Hotels.com
AU$103
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

As others have said, the property is dated - about 1970s, I’d think. But it was clean.

On entry, the room was very musty but it didn’t take long to air out with the aircon on and the door open.

The bed was a bit soft and the mattress was old and uncomfortable.

The amenities were as advertised, including 8 Foxtel channels.

It’s simply a place to simply hang your hat while you go see the town and surrounding area.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blutach
Reviewed 8 December 2019 via mobile

Receptionist was polite enough, had yo ask if there was breakfast available, which there is. Rooms are tired looking and seriously require a revamp. Room size excellent, bed comfort average. Air con, fridge, microwave, toaster in a small kitchen, thankfully cultery and plates provided, tv, iron, hair dryer, complimentary tea and coffee, toiletries, and a bedside clock, made for a comfortable stay.
Location was good, a short walk to the main street for restsurants etc.
Bathroom was adequate but old. Had to jingle the toilet flush, plenty of hot water.
The grounds look like no one cares.
Wouldn't choose to stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2019 via mobile

The motel looks a bit sad from the street and could be mistaken as being closed. The reception is on the left and the female receptionist who I guess was the owner was polite enough. She didn’t mention anything about breakfast being available but there was menu in the room so maybe there was.

The exterior of the room was similar to the overall look of the motel; uninviting, however I was pleasantly surprised with the interior. It was quite spacious, clean and smelt clean. Lots of bench space and a kitchen with microwave and basic tea/coffee supplies. The shower was nice and hot.

The reverse cycle aircon worked well as a heater which was needed as it was cold in Portland for my visit. After a while I could hear a drumming noise and I looked out the window thinking it was truck idling but I worked out it was the aircon unit possibly on the roof. It was very noisy and I had to switch it off to sleep. Luckily the bed had electric blankets.

There was some road noise but not enough to keep me awake.

It was on par price wise with other motels in the area. Maybe a bit overpriced for the dated appearance. It was centrally located to the port and local tram. I would recommend it for a stopover but not for a holiday destination. I probably would not stay there again. Lost two stars for the drab appearance and noisy aircon.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2019

Easy reservation system; Friendly check in, easy parking, ok location. Older style motel. Bed was uncomfortable; linen/towels were old and thin; heating was ok. Large room, but overall I wouldn't go back.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2019

This motel is situated just past the shopping strip and close to wetland bird-viewing areas. It provides all the usual motel conveniences, and has a much less gloomy decor than some. Friendly management.

Date of stay: February 2019